• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Me Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Please.

I have a 87 Mustang 2 Tone Grey. I am taking my car to the world of wheels car show. What im concerned about is they have some weird lighting in there. I am planning on putting a fresh coat of wax on my car but im just curious if anyone has any reccomendations as to which wax i should use? I was thinking Gold Class because of its reflective properties and its color deepening. I am going to use Siwrl Remover/Polish. Then Show Car Glaze. Then top it off with 2 coats of wax. Any reccomendations Theres a pic if it helps any. Thanks guys

What if i was to just use Color X and top it with NXT? OR gold class? Will the Color X remove my old wax so that it will clean and polish the finish? One last question would it do me any good after i applied the wax. Once i get to the show to apply a coat of show car glaze? Will it make any difference? Sorry lol im one of those people who arent satisfied until ive reached my cars maximum potential.

Comment

Hi Lynx131

What condition is the finish right now?

What tools do you have available?

What paint cleaners and cleaner/polishes do you have in your arsenal?

Which waxes do you have in your collection?

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hey mike,

What condition is the finish right now? The paints in decent condition. Before i got the car it was repainted and he did a horrible job with the clear coat so it feel rough no matter what you do, except for like 2 days after you buff with heavy cut Cleaner

What tools do you have available? I have a orbial buffer and just a regular high speed buffer.

What paint cleaners and cleaner/polishes do you have in your arsenal? I have Swirl Remover, Fine Cut cleaner Heavy cut cleaner, color x, and scratch x.

Which waxes do you have in your collection? Waxes right now i have Gold Class Paste and 1 bottle of liquid. I have a little bit of NXT Liquid left which if i push it will probably give me one coat on the car. I would buy more but im waiting for the paste version. I also have High Tech Yellow Wax.

I think thats all i have but thats most of it.

Comment

I also have 2 bottles of NXT Booster Spray Wax. And of course Deep Crystal Polish and Show car glaze Thanks
          Mike

Comment

Well, if you think the paint will take it, then here's what I would do, I would do what I call a "Complete".

This would include using the rotary buffer to buff out every inch of the paint. Because this body style has a lot of high points, I would definitely look into taping some of these off as well as cracks, crevices, grills etc.

If you're interested, and have time to do the buff job, then let me know and I'll type it up.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes id be very interested in that. I have a whole day tommorow that i could do the process so yes if you could type it up for me that would be great. Im really not worried about what i am going to do to the paint as long as it looks nice for the show. Because it is getting repainted in spring sometime. And by high points do you mean, for example the weather stripping on the hatch windows.. lol cuz yea those were already buffed off when i got the car... lol. Thanks for all your help mike.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');