• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product(s) to de-contaminate paint before claying...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Product(s) to de-contaminate paint before claying...

pH neutral is great as well - does anybody know whether the Finish Kare step 2 SIRR is also pH neutral??

No its not pH neutral its an acid

Step 2. Alkaline Neutralizer - “B” (Sulphuric H2SO4 and Oxalic H2C2O4 acids) two very strong acids that removes alkaline deposits and ferrous metal fallout, (rail dust), which deep clean painted surfaces to remove alkaline deposits and safely dissolve the ferrous metal particles, bond with the paint so that they can be rinsed away. Allow product to dwell for 5-7 minutes, works well with detailer’s clay to remove contaminants. All necessary safety precautions should be taken whilst using this product (Safety glasses, gloves) Avoid generation of dust.
    ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Re: Product(s) to de-contaminate paint before claying...

Originally posted by Spidey View Post
      The clay kits come with 2 bars... I really doubt you will go through more than that..... If you clay annually and wash weekly, you shouldn't need to go through more than one bar even for a whole car.. i used about 1/3-1/2 of a bar on my civic when i clayed it for the first time in 3 years (since i bought the car). and the first 3 years i owned the car, i washed it maybe monthly... I don't know why i neglected it so much.. maybe because I parked outside and found it a hopeless effort to maintain a clean black car as a daily driver.

now that i have a parkade, i wash weekly, wax monthly, clay annually..

I think the only areas that will pickup debris even if you wash regularly are the fenders bc of brake dust. everywhere else should be generally ok.
      Thanks, maybe I am too paranoid about how contaminated a clay bar can get before you should toss it out, I'll just go with clay, especially since there appears to be no other great solution.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');