• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is hot wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is hot wax?

Yesterday I decided to take our CR-V down to the local coin-op for a wash. It was too cold (at least for me) to give it an ONR wash--plus I want to see how well the three coats of 1000p handles detergents.

The wash selector offers a hot wax option (high pressure), which I decided to use after I had washed and rinsed the car. It also offers a no spotting option as the final option (low pressure), so I followed up the hot wax with this no spotting solution. My questions:

1) What is hot wax?
    2) What is the no-spotting solution?
    3) Should I have followed up the hot wax with the no-spot solution or did I nullify the hot wax with the no-spot stuff?

BTW, when I got home I then followed up in the garage with a quick with Megs UQD. Later that day my wife took the car down to the grocery store. A lady parked next to her and asked her if someone had given her a new car for Xmas. I'm glad that my efforts over the past year are being noticed by someone.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: What is hot wax?

No idea on the hot wax, but the no spotting is just spot-free de-ionized water.

I used to visit my local coin-op once or twice a week and blast it quick with high-pressure "wax" (I didn't use the soap because it can strip the wax), and then quickly follow with the spot-free.

This allowed me to go about 2 weeks between washes that involved actually touching the paint.

Comment

Re: What is hot wax?

Most likely some sort of cheap coating that makes the paint bead for a little while.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');