• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applicator difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applicator difference

What's the difference or benefit of using the Even Coat Applicator pads vs the traditional foam applicator pads?

Re: Applicator difference

Originally posted by DSG Man
    What's the difference or benefit of using the Even Coat Applicator pads vs the traditional foam applicator pads?
    Both product work great and will often come down to your personal preference. What Meguiar's' is offering you is choice between two high quality application products. That said, each has their own characteristics.

The new Even Coat Applicator offers a premium quality microfiber cover which after becoming wet with your product helps to glide over the surface and apply a smooth, even coating of product.

Here's an article where I used the new Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax and found that for me, this is now my preferred tool for applying a spray wax.

Using the new Even Coat Microfiber Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

Laying down a thin, even coat helps to insure uniform coverage, but it also insures removal will be easy. The new Even Coat Applicator pad also offers a larger pad to grip reducing hand fatigue.

Both applicators should be viewed as tools. Just like different tools in your mechanics tool chest has a best use and a specific place in your tool chest, each Meguiar's accessory, or tool has a specific place in your detailing arsenal, or detailing tool chest.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It does. Thanks, Mike.

Comment

I was wondering, do you think the even coat applicator would work well for applying the nxt tech protectant? I just got the tech protectant and don't want to get the spray everywhere.

Comment

Yes, but so will the foam applicator. We teach this every Saturday at our clinics, using an applicator pad to apply product so that you don't have any overspray on other components or areas.

Either applicator will work, even a microfiber polishing cloth or terry cloth towel can be used to apply product and then wipe off any excess.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');