• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

meguiars quik wax vs ultimate quik wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meguiars quik wax vs ultimate quik wax

what is the difference between these 2?

i have both bottles and with quik wax i would have a harder time removing the wax after it was applied and ultimate qw was so much easier it worked so fast i loved it

also wats the difference from qd and ultimate qd? i have only used the regular qd
    Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Re: meguiars quik wax vs ultimate quik wax

good day! The ultimate quik wax is the newer spray wax, its synthetic and has the hydrophobic polymer technology. The regular spray wax is the classic formula, whle this is more traditional, will boost your existing wax protection. The ultimate quik detailer also has the Hydrophobic polymer technology, the normal quik detailer doesn't. The Ultimate detailer adds protection to the paint due to this, but doesn't have the wax's superior protection.

Comment

wat does it mean by having hydrophobic polymer technology? wats the advantage

Comment

Its the polymer thing that they added to enhance its protection, shine, depth and water beading/repelling properties. It really helps in extending the wax protection and shine! I've used the ultimate wax, but not the UQ detailer. I'm sure you
        ll see the difference even more when you compare the UQD and the classic detailer. However, you can't use the UQD for claying your paint. It's too "slick" to allow the contaminants to be picked up by the clay bar.

Comment

so to clay use to regular qd?

Comment

yep! The ultimate quik detailer is a more focused product, that is for in between waxing and washing, removing dust and fingerprints and add protection and gloss. The traditional detailer doesn't offer much protection, but it also does what the UQD does. However, it is used for claying. The current detailer you have is still an excellent product. i'd continue using it regularly (as with the quik wax). I'd start with quik detail then finish with quik wax. Then i'd switch to the ultimates (wax and detailer).

Comment

Just buy the Ultimate Quik wax. Wash the car, Spray UQW all over the car, paint, trim, glass, wait it haze. buff it off. Enjoy the shine and water beading all over the car.

Comment

^ ditto...UQW is great stuff sooooo damm easy to use & great results too
                "STRIFE" aka Phil
                2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Simply put, UQW is excellent. all people who have used it have gotten great results. The shine is good, you get nice beading, very easy to use, smells like "tropical fruit juice". Just imagine how well the 2011 ultimate wax works..

Meguiar's should add to their 2011 (or 2012) line up "ULTIMATE WINDSHIELD TREATMENT", the ultimate in windshield or auto glass water repellant. That would be nice! The entire car should repel water.. The paint, the tires, the rims, windshield, windows, everything..

Comment

UQW works as well on glass as it does on paint. In fact, I prefer it over RainX. UQW also is a great vinyl trim protector that seems to last as long as UP for me. IMHO, UQW is one product that fills three needs and does it well.
                    Jim
                    My Gallery

Comment

just use UQW after wash (on waxed car), 2 weeks later still the car shine and beads very well, I can say that beads more now, UQW is like a protectant to the wax, glass and trim, so you can wash the car in 10 min or less, virtually the dirt run off.

Comment

i just wish that meguiar's change the spray bottle size from 450ml to something like the UQD size (732ml?).

Comment

i just used uqw on my dads car today i told him to step in the garage n feel how smooth his paint is..lol stuff wrks great

Comment

Don't be surprised to find yourself buying ultimate quik wax on a regular basis. its really a good product!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');