• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble with Swirl X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Swirl X

Hello guys I have have a hard time get rid of the swirls in my paint I have a bright red car with a clear coat. I have tried Swirl X as directed and it doesn't seem to change anything I am using a soft foam pad and only doing a small section at a time.
    Then wipe it off with a microfibre towel I have also tried the Ultimate Compound haven't had any luck please help

Re: Trouble with Swirl X

How much speed, pressure are you applying to the pad?

It sounds like a case of not working in the product enough. Just wiping around will not work.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have been working the product hard still nothing. also tried it with a buffer I don't want to go that hard that I take the paint off I can't afford a new paint job.

Comment

my experience with hand polisher is that is a pain to take out spider webing, if the swirls are very soft that ok, but on heavy swirls you need a very big effort to take it off. I used a polisher of another mark, I can remove very fine swirl marks in fact I can polish the paint and the heavy swirl marks too, If you visualise it phisically, the polisher only take out a small film of clear coat, not the sufficient to take out heavy swirls. Move to a more abrasive polisher or compound then use swirl x on the swirls create by the compound.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');