• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting rid of dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of dust

Hey guys I'm new on this forum and relatively new to extensive detailing like claying, polishing, cleaning, waxing. But as an auto enthusiast rapidly learning.

From where I come the environment is extremely hot and dusty. A full day outside in the shade and the car is covered with dust and this is a huge huge problem.

What usually happens here is people would take a wet terry cloth and wipe it down with that. I am way too hesitant about it but cant understand what else to do on an everyday basis ?

Hope someone can help.

Re: Getting rid of dust

Products like Quick Detailer, Last Touch, Final Inspection, Ultimate Quick Detailer are meant to be used to remove light dust safely.

Where the line is between light and heavy is hard to say.

How often are you able to wash the car? Washing is always safest, but doing it too often can get annoying.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I wash the car every 8 to 10 days, there are 2 reasons for not washing it too frequenly
      1. It's almost an 8 year old car now and the rust will now start to set in.
      2. The city has the sea quite close and the rusting process is quite fast here.

This is my first car and although it has a few swirl marks once I get them out I want to be absolutely sure what is best for my car. So should I be using the QD or the UQD everyday with a MF ? Or is the wet terry cloth not too bad of an option ?

@murr1525
      Thank you for such a fast response

Comment

On sensitive paint, a wet terry cloth might present some problems.

Murr has given you a great list of products. For me, I might add an intermediate level of dusty. Light dust I grab a couple of microfibers and Ultimate Quik Detailer, medium I gently use a "California Duster" then microfibers and UQD, for heavier dust it's time to wash. Although use of a California Duster isn't recommended by everybody and must be used with care.

Determining the levels maybe a bit more than the quantity of dust, but type too. Light tree pollen or say light construction dust with cement/concrete may take a wash.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

Yeah, the California Dusters are also a good option. And one of those, followed by one of the detailing products mentioned above might be good to try.

Not sure what things cost for you, but buying in bulk if possible would have to be the best option if using every day.

UQD = #135 in the Pro Line, and the LT and FI both come in gallon sizes.

I would want to buy either a QD or UQD bottle, and then refill it with the above when empty.

Comment

UQD is a great option. I just started using it myself and am impressed with the outcome. Just yesterday I washed my car and today I come out to find a light layer of dust and some stupid cat prints. Grabbed the UQD and some microfiber towels and went to work making my car look like new.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

I think I will just get the UQD and store it up. And use it as frequently as needed. Thank you again for your help guys

Comment

Be sure to look at buying in bulk, may save you money if using everyday.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');