• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Products for Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products for Detailing

Hi

I need your help. I live in Europe, and i want to buy some products in: www.meguiars.com/europe

I´m very confused about many products for the same job. I
    want to make a company of car wash.
    I need products for:

Deep Polish: (for bad paint)
    Nº1 - Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
    Nº2 - Deep Crystal Polish
    Nº3 - Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax

Polish:

Waxes:
    Cleaner/Wax or NXT Generation Tech Wax

Can i used the Cordless Orbital Buffer in these products?
    Tanks
    Nuno Faria

Re: Products for Detailing

Originally posted by louvad
    Hi

I need your help. I live in Europe, and i want to buy some products in: www.meguiars.com/europe
    Hi Nuno,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I´m very confused about many products for the same job. I want to make a company of car wash. I need products for:

Deep Polish: (for bad paint)
    Nº1 - Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
    Nº3 - Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax

Polish: Nº2 - Deep Crystal Polish

Waxes: Cleaner/Wax or NXT Generation Tech Wax

Can i used the Cordless Orbital Buffer in these products?
    Tanks
    Nuno Faria
    I checked out the products that are available to you from the Meguiar's Europe website and here is a list of products that will enable you to create show car results and the order in which you should apply them.

Meguiar's Cordless Polisher is fine for applying the Deep Crystal Polish and the NXT Wax, but for removing below surface defects it will be more effective to apply the ScratchX by hand. Follow the directions listed in the below how-to article for remove defects with ScratchX and you should be able to remove the majority of defects in your car's finish.

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Note: Neither paint cleaners like ScratchX or polishes like Deep Crystal Polish need to dry before removing. Simply apply the products, work them in well and then remove using a soft, clean 100% cotton terry cloth towel or a premium quality microfiber polishing cloth.

Waxes on the other hand, like the NXT Tech Wax and the NXT Spray Wax need to dry before you remove them.

Here's the basic order of steps to follow,

Washing
    Before detailing your car, first do an extremely good job of washing it. Remove all the dirt from all the nooks and crannies. This prevents any small abrasive dirt particle from entering into the machine polishing process and potentially instilling a swirl. Get the Car Sparkling Clean to start with and everything will be downhill after that.

Claying
    After that clay the car, at least the horizontal surfaces. Again, do a good job of claying to insure you remove all above surface contaminants. The level of gloss you can achieve from your car's finish is mostly determined by how smooth you can make your paint. Claying will make your car's finish as smooth as glass.

Cleaning
    Cleaning is different than washing. Cleaning is removing both above surface defects like oxidation and below surface defects like swirls, scratches, etchings, and dirt that has embedded itself under the surface. Choose the appropriate paint cleaner for the condition of your car's finish and your application process. If you're unsure of which paint cleaner or cleaner/polish is right for your car, describe your car and if possible post a picture and we'll be glad to make some recommendations.

Polishing
    Polishing after removing the defects is typically using a pure polish that is non-abrasive to restore brilliant high gloss and deep, dark reflections. This is an optional step and one best used on medium to dark colored car.

Protecting
    This is where you apply your choice of wax or paint protectant. Adding a layer or two of wax creates a sacrificial-barrier on your car's paint to protect it and also add shine and gloss. Generally, two thin coats will insure even coverage with a uniform appearance.

Maintaining
    Maintaining is the use of products like a quick detailer or a spray wax to maintain that "Just detailed look" in-between regular washings, and the regular application of a normal coat of wax.

Meguiar's always teaches,

"Always use the least aggressive product to get the job done"

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');