• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camper shells???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camper shells???

I have a camper shell on my truck. I am wondering how I can clean between it and my cab?? I don't think my front window comes out to do this. How do you guys that detail do it???

Re: Camper shells???

What is a camper shell? What is it made of?
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Like in this pic. They are made of Fiberglass. I just had it put on about a month ago.

Comment

If it's painted then you can go ahead and treat it like the paint on your car.

If it is just fiberglass then a different approach may or may not be needed. Not really sure.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698

Comment

Shawn it a tight spot between the camper and the cab where my back glass is. I need a big sponge on a stick.

Comment

Have you thought about removing it?

Thats would be the best way to go IMO.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

It take 3-4 men to take it off. I really would like to keep it on.

Comment

Originally posted by 03z71 View Post
                Shawn it a tight spot between the camper and the cab where my back glass is. I need a big sponge on a stick.
                Sorry. I was looking and thinking about the wrong thing.
                Tedrow's Detailing
                845-642-1698

Comment

I just used an old broom handle with a wash mitt on the end. The worse part was keeping the mitt on the stick, ended up just using some duct tape. Not the best setup, but did keep the window(s) clean if nothing else.

Once a year, I'd just loosen up the hold-downs and scoot it back a touch so I could actually 'clean' it.

Yea, a pain in the toosh for sure.

Bill

Comment

Does your truck have a sliding rear window? If so, you may be able to access between the cab and the canopy. Perhaps, contact companies like SnugTop etc and see what they suggest. They may offer a flexible stick with a mop, or like what was suggested, use a thin flexible rod to get in there.

Otherwise, you can place 2x4's across the trucks bed between the box rails and the canopy. Then you can slide the canopy back so you can get at it. But if you have bolted it down rather than clamps, then I would leave it in place.

Please keep us posted!

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

A fiberglass rod with a wash mitt attached to it works for me, but I have a sliding glass on both the truck and the shell. I can get in the bed and open the slider to clean.

Comment

I have a solid glass on both. I will make something. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');