• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

washing pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washing pads

on the 7 inch soft buff pads...after machine wshing them do i put them in the dryer?for a bit?

or is it not recomended?should i just let them air dry then
    Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Re: washing pads

I regularly dry pads in the dryer BUT on the air only setting (no heat). So it's simply getting tossed around with some airflow. When not doing this, I will simply place the pads in a shaded area outside to air dry. Remember to put them on something clean and put the backing up so the water doesn't settle where the backing is adhered to the foam pad. I usually put them at a 45 degree angle also so some air can get in from the pad face as well.
    Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

I use a metal/rubber coated dish rack to dry my pads on with the foam facing down.

Comment

Originally posted by Troy Fuller View Post
        I use a metal/rubber coated dish rack to dry my pads on with the foam facing down.
        +1. Forgot to mention that. If my dryer is busy at the time pads are washed, there's a metal shelf right above the sink where I can place them to dry. It takes a while though because it's inside.

Another good way to dry, or help dry, the pads is to throw them on a rotary polisher for 20-30 seconds and get a lot of water out. I do this by leaning the rotary on the side of the square/cube sink so the pad is inside and doesn't fling the water outside the sink. Works great.
        Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
        Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

thanks guys
          Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');