• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 volvo 240 wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1991 volvo 240 wagon

Originally posted by devo View Post
    Thanks I said that!
    Yes, I know you said that.

This would be a nice kit for you to start out with for minimal investment.

Paint Restoration Kit.

I believe the kit comes with smaller bottles of the various products so you are not shelling out the cash for the full size bottles when you are only going to be working on 1 or 2 cars.
    Brian

Comment

oh thats the ticket! (im cheap)

Comment

Is the Ultimate compound better than ColorX??? I think we have some of that here in our shop.

Comment

Is the Ultimate compound better than ColorX??? I think we have some of that here in our shop.
          They are actually two different products. So they are really not comparable. ColorX is a cleaner wax that has some light to mild paint defect removing ability. Ultimate Compound is a compound (no wax) and it is capable of removing heavier defects and oxidation.

If you're asking if Ultimate Compound will cut through the oxidation on your paint faster than ColorX (which I think you are), yes it will. However Ultimate Compound does not contain any wax like ColorX does, so you will still need to use a wax afterward like the NXT you said you currently have or the Gold Class Wax that is included in the Paint Restoration Kit mentioned earlier.
          Brian

Comment

Ok good info I might as well just spring for the polish too and just got the whole process. Thanx man I really appreciate all the help I am gonna get some pics tonight.

Comment

Ok good info I might as well just spring for the polish too and just got the whole process. Thanx man I really appreciate all the help I am gonna get some pics tonight.
              No problem, looking forward to the pics.
              Brian

Comment

I got some pics this morning sorry not that great i took them with my phone before work this mornng

Comment

ttt

How did this turn out?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');