• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about product comparisons and usages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about product comparisons and usages

Hi,

I had a question regarding some products I plan to purchase very soon:

The first are sets of comparisons, which (in your opinion) is better.

Detailer line Glass cleaner vs Nxt glass cleaner

All Season Dressing vs Nxt insane tire shine for tires (going for durability)

Wheel brightener vs All Purpose cleaner for wheels

All Purpose cleaner vs super degreaser for overall cleaning

The second is the usage of the products. Are they the proper items to use for the parts?

Interior panels and tires – All Purpose Cleaner

Engine bay, underbody, wheel wells – Super Degreaser

Wheel wells, tires, and exterior trim – All Season Dressing

Engine, wheel wells?, interior trim – Hyper Dressing

I plan to purchase a bulk amount to assist in my weekend detailing business that I'm opening this spring. Thanks in advance!

~Paul
    Last edited by Paulvr4; Feb 16, 2005, 02:15 PM.
    2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Re: Questions about product comparisons and usages

Originally posted by Paulvr4
    Hi,

Detailer line Glass cleaner vs Nxt glass cleaner {Don't Know have not tried NXT, I do like the GCC}

All Season Dressing vs Nxt insane tire shine for tires (going for durability) For tire shine alone I like the NXT. {The all season is great for wheel wells and other trim but I don't think it layers well on tires and you have to use alot of it.}

Wheel brightener vs All Purpose cleaner for wheels{ Wheel brigtener is the bomb, as good as A2Z, it is important to me to have a seperate product for wheel cleaning}

All Purpose cleaner vs super degreaser for overall cleaning{ Tough one here, APC is good but I just feel the need for a product like SD when it comes to engines.}

The second is the usage of the products. Are they the proper items to use for the parts?

Interior panels and tires – All Purpose Cleaner {yes 1:15 w Meg's interior brush rocks}

Engine bay, underbody, wheel wells – Super Degreaser {yes}

Wheel wells, tires, and exterior trim – All Season Dressing { My preference is Hyper Dressing for tires and dressing engines, it works on wheel wells. I have a tough time finding what will work on trim, All season is good, hyper can work or even Accent spray.}

I plan to purchase a bulk amount to assist in my weekend detailing business that I'm opening this spring. Thanks in advance!

~Paul
    "Washing for the People"

Comment

Re: Questions about product comparisons and usages

Hi,

Detailer line Glass cleaner vs Nxt glass cleaner
      No comment cause I haven't used the NXT stuff yet. I did switch from Stoner's Invisible Glass to the Detailer line last year and hadn't looked back.

All Season Dressing vs Nxt insane tire shine for tires (going for durability)
      Funny I just used the NXT tire shine this past weekend. Normally I'd use the ASD. I would have to give the durability nod to NXT. But at those prices I'm sticking with ASD.

Wheel brightener vs All Purpose cleaner for wheels
      Again I haven't used the WB but have used APC with great results on everything from tires to carpets.

All Purpose cleaner vs super degreaser for overall cleaning
      I haven't used Super Degreaser, but I do use the Safe Degreaser. Interiors APC unless there is a big oil stain or something. I use Safe Degreaser for exterior tires and wells.

Interior panels and tires – All Purpose Cleaner
      Both can be cleaned with APC with great results.

Engine bay, underbody, wheel wells – Super Degreaser
      The detailer line catalog recommends Super D for engine cleaning. Super D is probably safe for the other items you mentioned.

Wheel wells, tires, and exterior trim – All Season Dressing
      That's my go to product for exterior work as you stated.

Agree here except for the wells. I use All Season for that too. Hyper would be more cost effective though.

~Paul
      Good luck with your weekend business. I started my business last spring. Hope some of the info was helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');