• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which product to use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which product to use??

Ok, I am sure there is a post on here somewhere about this but I can't seem to find an answer I am looking for. If there is, I apologize in advance for repeated questions.

If detailing a newer car, good paint cond, no major defects, swirls, or anything, would a cleaner wax like #6 be the choice to use? Also would you follow that up with a 20 or synthetic sealant for extra gloss/protection? Or would it be better to do a polish and then a wax? Just looking for the best methods.

Also, how about suede. I am pretty sure thats what it is, car is a pontiac bonneville gxp, leather seats with suede inserts. It is not filthy by any means but can use a nice clean. Anything work realy good on that?

Re: Which product to use??

For a car is good shape,

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. a cleaner/wax (ColorX, #6, #66) would be reasonable
    4. Wax - Nxt 2.0, Ult. Wax.

Not sure about the suede... could try a Pontiac forum maybe? Or the suede shoe/jacket kind of companies?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr. Will go with those options. As for the seats, guess I will try a clothing type cleaner and hope for the best!! Probably won't hurt it. Thanks again.

Comment

Inserts are probably Alcantara, or UltraSuede, not real suede. The best way to clean it is to be very gentle. You can use a very soft brush or towel with a diluted solution of Woolite and water, but be very careful not to soak the area down or get it too wet as it tends to stain easily. You can also find a suede cleaner at a shoe store, like Payless or something, and use that, just do a small test spot with whatever you use first.

Comment

Absolutely I will test a spot. I always wondered what that material really was. If its raining or you get in the car wet, it would get ruined if it were real. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');