• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter cable 7424XP and #7 Glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter cable 7424XP and #7 Glaze

I've been scouring the web for a while trying to see if there is a proper method to apply #7 glaze with the porter cable 7424. I've done it by hand previously but I just got the dual action buffer and would love to use it.

Unfortunately every search I come up with doesn't really tell me much. I understand the technique to apply wax with the 7424 but does it differ for the glaze since it's more oily? Should I do small sections at a time? How long should I let it dry before removal? Any advice is appreciated.

Re: Porter cable 7424XP and #7 Glaze

Our #7 Show Car Glaze is a pure polish and should not be treated like a wax as it relates to drying/curing time. You will want to apply the product a small section at a time and remove immediately with a high quality microfiber towel like Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Towels.
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

That's what I thought - what speed do you recommend using on the porter cable?

Comment

Speeds 2-3.
        Brian Hann
        Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
        Meguiar's Inc.
        Irvine, California
        bhann@meguiars.com
        (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Working...
        X