• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window cleaning

I read a thread here that suggests using M105, M4, or UC to clean car window with water stains.

I have got effective result with M84, used with rotary buffer and wool pad. the only problem is that my M84 is about out, and I now mostly use M105 & UC on paint. M105 is TOO expensive to use on class as comparing to UC, so I prefer to keep it for detailing on paint. Will UC work well since I can't use it with rotary & wool pad?

Anyone try D151 with rotary & wool pad????

Re: Window cleaning

Using a cleaner/wax may not be great. Esp if someone didnt like their windows waxed.

UC is good to try by hand or PC at least.

The MF stuff could be interesting.

Or just order some more of #4 or #84...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

M105 is about the same price as UC, but M105 can be used with the rotary. I suppose you could give UC a try by hand/PC and see what happens.

D151- I agree with Murr.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
        M105 is about the same price as UC, but M105 can be used with the rotary. I suppose you could give UC a try by hand/PC and see what happens.

D151- I agree with Murr.

yeah, thought about the wax part of it.

Where can I get good pricing on M105? I bought 32oz of M105 at Amazon for $27, which UC at 16oz cost about $6.50 at walmart. I don't have volume use since I don't do business with detailing ......... i guess that is my problem

Comment

I just recently used UC with the yellow 4 inch 8207 pad and the older PC DA. It did great. I started at speed 4 but had to bump it up to 5 at times. I just had to be patient not to overheat the glass. Anyway, UC then clean up with Meguiars glass cleaner worked nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by lots2learn View Post
            I just recently used UC with the yellow 4 inch 8207 pad and the older PC DA. It did great. I started at speed 4 but had to bump it up to 5 at times. I just had to be patient not to overheat the glass. Anyway, UC then clean up with Meguiars glass cleaner worked nicely.
            Thanks for sharing. That's a great news to know. I will try it tonight!

Comment

Good to know! I remember reading a thread of how to clean up glass with stubborn water spots on it, but when I read it, I believe the Meguiar's product they used could only be carried out with a rotary. To say the least, I did not have one.

Comment

Originally posted by stanclub View Post
                yeah, thought about the wax part of it.

Where can I get good pricing on M105? I bought 32oz of M105 at Amazon for $27, which UC at 16oz cost about $6.50 at walmart. I don't have volume use since I don't do business with detailing ......... i guess that is my problem
                Which store in Sac has UC for $6.50, lol? I'll start going there! If you get UC for that price, M105 isn't going to be cheaper by any means. Rick over at Auto Detailing Solutions sells "samples" of Mirror Glaze and Detailer line products. I have a 12oz sampler of M105; it's ~$10 at ADS. Here's the link for the 12oz. M105

Be careful...once you see everything he has there, your cart gets to $100+ quick, lol

Comment

Originally posted by scanlessfool View Post
                  Good to know! I remember reading a thread of how to clean up glass with stubborn water spots on it, but when I read it, I believe the Meguiar's product they used could only be carried out with a rotary. To say the least, I did not have one.
                  M04 works very well by hand too...

Comment

M04 works very well by hand too...
                    Very nice. Thanks

Comment

Which store in Sac has UC for $6.50, lol? I'll start going there! If you get UC for that price, M105 isn't going to be cheaper by any means. Rick over at Auto Detailing Solutions sells "samples" of Mirror Glaze and Detailer line products. I have a 12oz sampler of M105; it's ~$10 at ADS. Here's the link for the 12oz. M105

Be careful...once you see everything he has there, your cart gets to $100+ quick, lol
                      just looked up my record, I actually got mine at Walmart for $7.97, not 6.50. Sorry for my bad memory. And, yeah, I just spent $104 at ADS about a week or so ago, so I know exactly what you are saying Looks like ADS has pretty good pricing on M105, but shipping is a killer. I found 32oz on Amazon for $27.99 free shipping, and it seems to be a good source for small volume user like me

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I have spent a bit of time tonight to try out different products for window cleaning, and I actually have found something interesting.

I used rotary with form cutting pad. The rotary buff has speed set at 1700RPM. My cleaning target was my dad's VAN with pretty nasty windows and windsheld that just hasn't been properly cleaned after few times of car washes, and years of driving.

After trying few different products, I actually found M105 works out the best, and it is actually the only one that can completely clean up all the deposits efficiently.

M84 cleans fine that you won't see the water stains when dry. But it doesn't truly clean out all the water stains but you just don't see them. What I found was that once I wipe it with D120 glass cleaner on M84 treated window, the water stains shows back out again. Well, I suppose that wouldn't be a big deal since after D120 drys out, you won't see the water stains anyways. Another down paint to me on M84 is that it consumes more compound for cleaning than M105.

Another interesting find is that NuPolish can actually clean well like M84 does. However, I have only tried it initially as I started, so I don't really have good confirmation on this, but impression on my first view. After that, I just spent more time with M105 & M84.

With the result I got, I think that I am gonna stay with M105 since it cleans so well, and has very low consumption on compound.

Comment

Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');