• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start with SwirlX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start with SwirlX?

Just brought home a new car that was unloaded off the truck at the dealership yesterday. I am having a clear bra installed on the car next Tuesday. I am going to wash the car and then clay. When I brought it home the garage spotlight showed that there are swirls in the hood, I am sure done by dealership cleaning the car after delivery.

I want to work on the swirls before the bra is applied. I have SwirlX, ScratchX, and Ultimate Compound. There are no real scratches, so I am figuring I should start with SwirlX with my Meguiars DA???

Would this be my best option? The paint is a brand new type call Black Diamond and is a three stage paint with aluminum flakes encapsulated in a glass-like substance called magnesium fluoride. Needless to say I don't want to mess it up.

Re: Start with SwirlX?

Yep, start with SwirlX and see how that goes. Do a TEST SPOT first.

If that doesn't give the desired result, step it up to ScratchX, and if not, step up again to UC.

Congrats on the new car - let us know how you go!
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Congrats on the CTS-V, very nice

Comment

Thanks. It's the 2011 Black Diamond edition CTS-V. Had the dealer swap out the satin graphite industrial looking black wheels for the polished aluminum and they transferred my clear lens Euro tail light package over to this one. Also has the Racarro racing seats.

Comment

That is a nice car!

Yeah, as stated above, I would give Swirlx a shot and if that doesn't work then step up to Ultimate Compound.
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by D307P View Post
            Thanks. It's the 2011 Black Diamond edition CTS-V. Had the dealer swap out the satin graphite industrial looking black wheels for the polished aluminum and they transferred my clear lens Euro tail light package over to this one. Also has the Racarro racing seats.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');