• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

part polyester towels make swirl marks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part polyester towels make swirl marks?

are part polyester towels garanteed to make swirl marks eventhough when u feel them with ur hand it is very soft to the touch?

Try the CD test with your towels.

I think most if not all micro fibers contain polyester. Not sure though. The MF from Meguiar's don't seem to scratch. I'm guessing here but any towel could scratch if enough pressure was exerted on the towel and paint surface.

Comment

Yep, most MF towels are made from a combination of Polyester, and Polyamide.

There are many levels of quality in towels, and the materials that they are made of....... make sure you pick the highest quality towels you can afford, and take care of them correctly.

HTH
      Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by Boss_429
        Yep, most MF towels are made from a combination of Polyester, and Polyamide.

There are many levels of quality in towels, and the materials that they are made of....... make sure you pick the highest quality towels you can afford, and take care of them correctly.

HTH
        Boss, as usual, is dead on in his assessment of MF towels.

Further, if I could add on to the 'take care of them correctly' statement...

Once you've taken care of them, be sure to store them in a clean environment. Personally, I have a few plastic drawer bins out in the garage that are used exclusively for my towel storage. I've found it to be, not only extremely handy, but extremely beneficial.

Just a few hints...

RP
        -The Final Detail-
        Lagrange, Kentucky
        thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
        CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

I have the generic "Baja Sol" mf towels from Target (sans tags). I've had no problems whatsoever with scratching.

I also keep them in a clean place after washing thoroughly.

I don't know about any other brands, but am considering buying the Costco brand mf towels. When I do, I'll add onto this post.
          "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
          R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');