• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I think I have serious sap paint damage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I think I have serious sap paint damage.

I had just washed my car and noticed I have what appears to be sap marks all over my car paint and windows. The "sap" isnt raised very much but I can scrap it off of the window with much effort. I have scrubbed it at a car wash with the soap brush and it hasn't done a thing. What should I use to try and safely remove it?

Re: Help! I think I have serious sap paint damage.

Pics may help...

But clay or glass cleaner would be the things to try next.

The brush at the car wash will just cause swirls.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Try Stoner Tarminator. It's worked real well for me on tree sap.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

There was a guy on here with bad sapped vehicle and he removed it with an ISO wipe down.

Comment

I have used isopropyl alcohol to remove heavy pine sap from paint and glass. Try a 50/50 alcohol/water dilution first as this will often dissolve the sap. If not, you can use straight alcohol. Also, if you are working on paint, be sure to wash the area and then coat with wax as the alcohol will remove all wax from the surface.
          "Cars make great banks but they don't pay interest"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');