• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about removing swirls on my mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about removing swirls on my mustang

Last summer we began detailing the car with No. 9 Swirl remover to prepare the paint for waxing. We were unable to remove all of the swirl marks as this was done by hand. We followed with No. 7 - Glaze and No. 26 - Liquid Wax.
    We would like to know which product you suggest would be the best to remove the remaining swirl marks on the car and give it a professionally detailed appearance given the following:

We do not have a pc.
    Daily Driver.
    Parked in a garage.
    We show the car.
    Single stage paint ( Ford - Medium Red )

We find that the Meguiar's products are the best that we have use on the car. They are Exceptional !!!!
    Many people have asked us what we use on the car and they are amazed at the finish that we have achieved by hand using your products.

Here is a sample picture of the swirls that are all over the car

There are more pictures in my gallery
    A picture of the car

Appreciate all your help. Thanks
    Born To Run

Scratchx by hand will do a great job of tackling the swirls by hand. You can follow the application of scratchx with your #7 and top with #26.

Comment

Yep, based upon the one closeup that you've show us and the fact that you won't be using a machine and prefer to stick with Meguiar's products, ScratchX would be a good choice. You could also try some #80 or even DACP by hand.......... they are tough to work properly by hand, but it can be done. You have to work small areas........ rest a bit, and then work another small area.

Keep in mind that some single stage paints can be very hard! So, you may be in for some hard work to get all the swirls removed.

Good Luck.
      Boss_429

Comment

ScratchX by hand. Work the product against the finish with some passion. Work a small area at a time, such as 8-12 inches square. Start out by spreading your product out to the area you're going to work, then, after spreading the product out work it against the finish until it turns clear and almost disappears. Wipe this off and apply again following above instructions. Wipe this off, then apply a pure polish and then two coats of wax and then inspect.

I demonstrated this yesterday on a red NSX and if my pictures came out I'll post them to shoe the before and after.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks everybody for the input. I look forward to seeing the pics Mike.

Just curious on the aplication and removal of the scratchx and our other products (#7 and #26), should i used a mf, foam pad or a terry towel?

Thanks again everybody.
          Born To Run

Comment

Hey,

Here is a link that may help. It suggests an application method of using ScratchX to remove defects by hand:

As for #7 Show Car Glaze, you have a couple of application choices. Some prefer to apply the product very thin (with a foam applicator) to the entire vehicle. Then, go around with a 100% cotton terry towel and break the "skin" the pure polish will form an its surface. Then back around with a quality MF towel to remove any remaining product.

I prefer to apply and remove #7 Show Car Glaze one panel at a time. I apply it with afoam applicator and then wipe it off with a MF towel. Since #7 does not really dry (like I said, it "skins" over), you can apply it evenly and then remove without waiting.

With #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax I prefer to apply it to the whole vehicle with a foam applicator. Then after waiting 10-15 minutes, remove with a MF towel.

Just remember to use clean applicators and towels for each step.

Hope this helps!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');