• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

waxing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waxing question

hey guys today was my first time using meguiar product it is awesome. made me a meguiar product user forever.

i washed,cleaned,clayed,polish my car. and while i started to wax my car. it suddenly started raining so i stopped.

my question is can I go ahead and continue to wax my car tomm. without washing it again? if i dont clean my car again wont I be waxing the car with dust,sand on it to scratch the car?

Re: waxing question

Is the wax residue still on it?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

no i wiped off the part where i started to wax. i started half off the hood

Comment

and guys scratchX 2.0 is MAGICAL!!!!! poof gone

Comment

Not so bad then. I would want to at least QD everything.

Comment

so QD everything without washing car and then finish the waxing part?

Comment

I mean, if you drive through mud, you'll want to wash. But for light dust from one day, QD is ok.

And then yeah, can start waxing. May want to just re wax everything, since only half the hood. And 2 thin coats is recomended.

Comment

ty murr

Comment

well today i rewashed my car did the UQD then waxed my car, left it there for 1 hour and started to wipe it off with microfiber towels. but as i am wiping it off I get alot alot alot of the dust from the dried up wax. is that suppose to happen. I try to keep wiping off with clean towel but it keeps coming back.

I guess I have to rewash my car again tomm.

Comment

What keeps coming back? The wax dust? Or wax streaking?

Comment

the wax dust, and the temperature was kinda cold outside.

also, is was getting dark so i cant really tell. i think some off the wax is stuck on the car. i hope i can get it out tomm

Comment

i hope i didnt scratch the car. i am so nervous right now i cant wait till morning to see

Comment

Originally posted by Firligic View Post
                          well today i rewashed my car did the UQD then waxed my car, left it there for 1 hour and started to wipe it off with microfiber towels. but as i am wiping it off I get alot alot alot of the dust from the dried up wax. is that suppose to happen. I try to keep wiping off with clean towel but it keeps coming back.

I guess I have to rewash my car again tomm.
                          Sounds like you may have used too much wax.
                          Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

uh oh your making me even more nervous. infiniti G black there paint is so so delicate

Comment

Too much wax wont damage anything... just hard to remove and lots of dusting.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');