• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot shine and hot wheels for all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot shine and hot wheels for all

Is it safe for me to somewhat mix the hot shine spray and hot wheels for all rims? Also some of the hot shine fluid went on my breaks and break disc could that affect my stopping distance including rainy days?

Thanks

Re: Hot shine and hot wheels for all

Why would you do this? I would assume that the all wheels, being a cleaner, would neutralize the hot shine, just me speculating though. As far as effecting your breaking distance, I don't see that happening either. The first time you step on the brakes all the product should be rubbed/burned off. Anybody else care to verify this?

Comment

I didn't literally mix it. I cleaned the rims first with the hot wheel cleaner and washed it up, also waited for the tires to dry up as well. I applied the hot shine after but got on my rims since the spray noozle was on wide and couldn't figure out how to narrow it. I tried to wipe it off but actually made my rims look even better. Thanks for the braking distance statement.

Comment

From personal experience, I don't get the spray versions anymore. I've noticed that no matter how careful I am, there seems to always be a lot of product that oversprays all over the car. Usually very fine small droplets, but they get everywhere. So now I use the hotshine liquid that comes with an applicator pad. If you still use the spray, I'd dedicate an applicator pad just for the tire shine and spray on the pad, apply to tires, wipe with a towel to avoid sling.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');