• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl Repair Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl Repair Help Please

Hi,

Recently I noticed swirl marks in my car. I called a local detailing company to come and fix them and I thought they did and I guess I was wrong

I have tried a few other places and have gotten no where which means I have to do it. I am a total novice and have read numerous threads but I am not sure what products to get that would work the best (everyone has different opinions). I would really appreciate some help from you all.

Thank you very much for your assistance! Here are two (sorry for size) pics of the hood.

Re: Swirl Repair Help Please

Welcome to Meguiar's Online.

Will you be using a car polisher or working by hand?

The product selection will depend mostly on workability (hardness) of your paint. SwirlX (cleaner polish) is a good starting chemical. If it's not strong enough to remove all defects than stronger Ultimate Compound (paint cleaner) will be needed. Performing a test spot will be necessary.

You need to divide each panel into small section and work on them. It's gonna guarantee maximum correction level.

After washing a vehicle claying should be performed to remove above surface bonded contaminants.

Polishing step (optional) and protection (wax/ sealant) should follow.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
      Welcome to Meguiar's Online.

Will you be using a car polisher or working by hand?

The product selection will depend mostly on workability (hardness) of your paint. SwirlX (cleaner polish) is a good starting chemical. If it's not strong enough to remove all defects than stronger Ultimate Compound (paint cleaner) will be needed. Performing a test spot will be necessary.

You need to divide each panel into small section and work on them. It's gonna guarantee maximum correction level.

After washing a vehicle claying should be performed to remove above surface bonded contaminants.

Polishing step (optional) and protection (wax/ sealant) should follow.
      As of now I was just trying to figure out what to buy. I have scratch X 2.0 that did not work so I will try SwirlX next but if that does not work what would you suggest?

Thank you very much for your reply! I appreciate it!

Comment

You would want to try Ultimate Compound, not SwirlX. SwirlX is milder.

How you apply is also an issue.. really have to work the products in, lot of effort by hand.

Is that an M3?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr,

Thanks for the tip. Should I buy a polisher?

Yup it is an m3.

Comment

Well, some BMW's are known for having paint that is hard to work on by hand. Cant say for sure about yours without working on it, but is a possibility.

You can try the UC by hand if you wanted to... but if you dont mind buying a machine, it will make your life easier.

I havent used the new Microfiber System, so someone else will have to run down all your options.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Murr,

I got the compound and took a small spot on my car and went over it 4 different times in a circular, horizontal and vertical motion using moderate pressure with my hand and it really does not look like it is doing any good.

Suggestions or help please?

Thanks!

Comment

From my experience on my own M, you need a machine to make any real progress.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');