• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coleman Buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Buffer

Ive seen a new buffer in a local discount store. A Coleman Powermate 10in car polisher.

Has anybody used it??

At like 20 bucks, its a lot cheaper than the other PCs and other things you guys mention.

Please tell me your opinions about it?

Heres a web site with a picture:

Three things come to my mind although I haven't used this particular machine.

1. On / Off, not variable speed.
    2. 10 in pad is difficult to control in small areas (like between window trim and door handle)
    3. My orbital from Wally world bogs down real easy. That will limit the use of pressure to aid in swirl removal.

Other than that, using the coleman should save you some time in application and removal of products. If that's what your looking for then go for it. Or heck I could send you mine!

Comment

Ive found a 6in almost identical craftsman.

Would the 6in improve the area where i could use it??

If i buy one I plan to by the meguiars backing plate so i can use the velcro pads. Is this a good idea??

Comment

Re: Coleman Buffer

Originally posted by jpeek88
        Ive seen a new buffer in a local discount store. A Coleman Powermate 10in car polisher.

Has anybody used it??

At like 20 bucks, its a lot cheaper than the other PCs and other things you guys mention.

Please tell me your opinions about it?

Heres a web site with a picture:
        http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3961771
        We bought two at work very similar to the one you are looking at from Menards at $40 each. We bought them just to try and we found the machine moved more than the pad and really did little to nothing and hard to use. They are sitting in the shop gathering dust now after only 1 use.

I have never used the 6" you talk about but my guess is that its easier to use than the 10". You would have to see if the backing plate can be removed from the craftsman some of thier polishers have the backing plate built into the machine.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');