• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which product would you use on silver car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which product would you use on silver car?

Guys,

I have a silver 2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan with very light/fine scratches or swirls from blowing NM dust storms. My arsenal includes:

G110
    M105
    M205
    M80
    Ultimate compound
    Ultimate Wax
    Ultimate polish
    NXT 2.0

Thanks again for your assistance,
    Wig

Re: Which product would you use on silver car?

thats a lot, but if its only for very light swirls I think I'd try the ultimate polish first. Its said to be just as abrasive as swirl x, but with polishing oils.. If it doesn;t seem as effective, i'd go the ultimate compound, then ultimate polish or M80, then apply ultimate wax. I haven't used ultimate wax, so if i were you i'd compare the looks of NXT2.0 and ultimate wax.

I am impressed with the effectiveness of the ultimate compound, even by hand. So for me, i think the consumer products (compounds) will work nicely for your car.

Comment

I would go ultimate polish and UW. I use M07 and UW on my silver car and it looks very good. I do clay before polish though. I use Meg's white clay that comes in the consumer kit.

Comment

For silver, I prefer NXT 2.0 compared to UW. I think UW works better with darker colored cars.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I would test spot first. I would always try M205 before going heavy on the 105. I use a Rotary so my 'cut' is much more. I would post some pics IF you can get some light showing the scratches.

My fear for you is going overkill regardless of the machine your using. I would refer to the sticky here talking about 'Total Cut'

To give you reference, if they paint is heavily swirled and between washing, claying and inspecting there may be a case where you need the M105, some times with some passion, the proper pad and speed you can get very good correction with the m205.

Comment

I'll try both M205 and Ultimate wax. Would a speed of 3-4 be sufficient to remove light swirls?

Thanks,
            Wig

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');