• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wax removing wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax removing wax?

I've read several threads about the steps involved to clean and polish a vehicle. And on several of them, a step saving procedure was cited by using ColorX as it cleans, polishes, and waxes. Then, usually, there's another step of using NXT on top of that. Won't the NXT wax remove the wax layer the ColorX put down? I've always heard that wax will remove previous wax.

Is this true, or false, and what's the purpose of putting a wax over another wax?
    Danny

'04 Chevy Colorado
    Indigo Blue
    Z71 4x4

Some people like to use ColorX as their cleaning product and process and follow it with a wax that will do more to add richness, color, clarity as well as more protection.

A cleaner/wax is a one-step product, that is it is part cleaner, part polish and part protection. At least Meguiar's cleaner/waxes, we cannot speak for other products by other companies, but nobody but Meguiar's offers our trade secret oils in our products, which make up the polish component in our clearer/waxes. That mean you can use a cleaner/wax by another company, but you're likely getting cleaner and wax, nothing like the polishing oils Meguiar's products offer.

You typically will not get as good as results using a one-step as you will by breaking the process up into its different processes. Whereby a cleaner/wax cleans, polishes and protects, a multiple step approach would be to use a dedicated,

Paint cleaner
    Pure Polish
    Pure wax

By doing it this way you not only use a product with a single focus for a specific result, you will also have applied and removed three different things to your cars paint. This alone can dramatically increase gloss because with each application you to some degree polishing the paint by making it smoother as you are touching it.

NXT Tech Wax only contains a very sleight cleaning ability to it, not enough to completely remove itself, or any product applied before it assuming your not applying it with sandpaper.

Remember, application material and application process also have a dramatic influence over the product you are using and the goal you are trying to achieve.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike!!

I'm keeping you busy today, aren't I??
      Danny

'04 Chevy Colorado
      Indigo Blue
      Z71 4x4