• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

overkill using NXT over Color X?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overkill using NXT over Color X?

I decided to use the Color X on my truck because it is a daily (sits outside) driver. The truck is brand new and black. I was just wondering if this is the best choice to keep the color and shine. I also am wondering if I should go ahead and add NXT tech wax once or twice over the Color X. I don't own a PC or buffer, so a lot of the other polishes are out (83,82,etc.). Everything I do is by hand, so all the polishes/waxes have to be user friendly. I have used and do like (Color X, #9, step 2, and NXT). What combinations do any of you reccomend? I figure I'll use the #9, Color X, and then NXT x2. I was just wondering if you guys think this is overkill. Thanks ahead of time for all of your responses.

aloha, derrick

Not overkill. I would perform the full process as needed or at the most 2-3 times a year. Maybe drop one of the polishes. In between I'd go NXT or ColorX and NXT every month or so.

If you have minor swirls then #9 by hand will help. Don't be intimidated by the #80's and use by hand. It can be done. It even states that in the product guide.

If time is not a concern then you could do the ColorX, #9, DC 2, and NXT. I'm not sure if the #9 would remove the colorX. #9 is a cleaner polish.

If time is short then #9, ColorX, and NXT would yield great results too.

Good luck!

Comment

thanks scrub,
      I think I'll do the #9 or #83, color X, NXT x2. Hopefully I can feel my arms when I'm done!

Comment

Good luck. Try the #9 on a test area first if you have defects you are trying to remove. If that doesn't work then move up to #83. I have a feeling you'll end up using #83. You might consider using #80 rather than #83. #83 takes a while to break down even with the PC.

If you need help let me know and fly me out there. I'll even bring my PC and polishes too. Its the least I could do!

Comment

Since the truck is brand new, I wouldn't go with #83 or #9 unless there are already some defects you need to fix which should be isolated so I'd go with ScratchX or #80.
          Then ColorX and finally NXT. 2 coats is good. For new paint, I'd concentrate more on protection.
          It might help to clay it too. Certainly won't hurt.

What I'd do is wash/clay/scratchx or #80 and colorX all in one day, then NXT the next day and NXT 2nd time on the 3rd day. If you haven't done this much work before, your arms will fall off the first day as it is. You'll need to work in scratchX or #80 and colorX also needs a fair bit of work too.

Comment

Although #9 (rated at 3 of 10) is less aggressive than #80 (rated 4 of 10).

Even new cars can use some sort of cleaner / polish like #9 or #80. I bought my new Avalanche and buffed with #80 the 2nd week I had it. Just some minor cob webs that needed removal. If no defects the pure polish all you want.

I also agree checkout some clay.

Mad iX's regiment would be the way to go.

My offer still stands to help you out.

Comment

I'll sleep on that option scrub,
              man, I don't think you have a long enough extension to reach all the way out here. I do have cob-webs and scratches all over the truck already. It's black (shows every friken' thing), and it's a truck that I take to the beach or wheel in. I'm just looking for something to keep it well protected. I have used #9 (on certain areas), color x, and NXT x2. Man did my rotator cuff hurt that whole week! I'm leaning towards scratch x, color x, and finish it off with NXT (one coat the first day, and the second one the next day). Hopefully this gives me the deep shine that all of you have!

aloha, Derrick

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');