• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removed tech wax 2.0 too early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removed tech wax 2.0 too early?

hey guys,

yesterday i spent the whole afternoon (since the world did not end) doing the whole 3 step (paint cleaner, polish and wax tech 2.0)

I did the swipe test, and it smeared just a little...(i'll post some pics later)
    but it was about to rain so i wiped off the wax after around 15 minutes (the weather was chilly and cloudy in nyc yesterday, aroudn 58 degrees) so I did some research and people say tech wax takes forever to dry in the chilly temps.

so today it's raining and I'm noticing that the water is sticking to the paint...and not beading up that much as I have wanted!

is all my work wasted? Should I have waited even longer (like half hour) for it to dry? or do i need another coat of wax for more beading action

see how the water sticks to the (this pic is front of the hood of car) hood, and not roll off

Re: removed tech wax 2.0 too early?

*update

it just rained again, and i see the beads are very good

so why is that this morning (rained last night), and after it dried...the nice beading turns into that first picture?

Comment

The first pics look like there was some kind of pollen or something maybe?

Nxt isnt really meant to bead, so kind of depends how hard it rains to what beading there is.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        The first pics look like there was some kind of pollen or something maybe?

Nxt isnt really meant to bead, so kind of depends how hard it rains to what beading there is.

I park my car in the driveway at night, which is under a big tree...i get constant bird droppings and pollen and leaves...

i can park on the street (new york city), but that risks getting bumped on my 2 week old car...haha, sigh...

Comment

btw, i'm addicted to detailing now...the smooth paint surface is amazing...but I think the color of the mazda 3 black mica just wasn't that great to begin with...

i was looking at my friends acura tsx black paint, and another lexus black paint, and those are just so rich and deep in color

I will post a write up of my experience of doing this 3 step soon...

Comment

Its 'end of the world' dust

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
              Its 'end of the world' dust
              hahha, seriously...i was celebrating the world not ending with a nice bbq on saturday

sunday i celebrated by detailing my whole car (took like 5 hours!) and blasted the music

Comment

Originally posted by brendan1234 View Post
                i can park on the street (new york city), but that risks getting bumped on my 2 week old car...haha, sigh...
                Super bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');