• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to use?

I'm sure this is a fairly general question, but if your car has been driven through the rain, is it still safe to use something like a Ultimate Quik Detailer to get it clean again?
    I've always assumed that it's just too dirty, and not worth the risk.

Also, kind of on the same topic. Any thoughts on using ONR like a mist quick detailer?

Thanks guys!
    Click for more pictures of my tC

Re: Safe to use?

UQD is very safe to use after driving in the rain, just make sure to use a few MF cloths.
    ONR can be used as a quik detailer
    Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 128 oz. - New & Improved! - Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine New & Improved formula offers the Ultimate in lubricity during the wash as well as drying with greater gloss and protection. The polymers in the new formula ...
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

^^^ I disagree. Quick Detailers such as UQD is made to remove light dusting and not rain dirt/mud. You can use it but it's not safe nor recommended. You'll probably marr your paint like crazy. If you got rained on, wash your car tradionally.

ONR diluted as a quick detailer will function like a quick detailer and nothing more.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
        ^^^ I disagree. Quick Detailers such as UQD is made to remove light dusting and not rain dirt/mud. You can use it but it's not safe nor recommended. You'll probably marr your paint like crazy. If you got rained on, wash your car tradionally.

ONR diluted as a quick detailer will function like a quick detailer and nothing more.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

If the rain didnt get your car muddy, you'd be fine.

Driving around though usually will get a lot of stuff kicked up on it.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've used UQD all the time after driving in the rain, I've never had mud splashed up on my car as i drive on city streets....usually just dirty rain water.....I also have several layers of wax plus regularly boosted with UQW after every other wash (soap & water)
            My 2005 G35 looks like it just rolled off the dealership.
            I usually use upwards of 10-12 MF cloths with my UQD

Get the perfect results on your car care project while having fun at every stage with Griot’s cleaners, polishes, auto detailing tools and other supplies.

Optimum Opti Clean Concentrate 128 oz. - New formula cleans better while providing a higher gloss finish! One product cleans and protects every automotive surface. Optimum Opti Clean is the ultimate one-step product. It cleans and protects all ...

anyone use these products....very similar to quik detailers
            "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

Optimum Opti™ Clean is a waterless wash that cleans and protects all automotive surfaces in one step including paint, vinyl, rubber, metals, plastics, and ev...

good enough for Mike...good enough for me...
              "STRIFE" aka Phil

Comment

If you're looking for something to use quickly in that manner may I suggest CroftGateUSA Aquanil-X. I think it's all kind of personal opinion but I myself use UQD if that car is just dusty and Aquanil-X if I have driven in the rain or something like that.

Comment

Hello Friends,

Taking advantage of this thread, below is a pic that shows the roof of my daily drive car after one day parked outside ( it is parked indoor at nights ). Wheater is very dry here in these days and no chance of rain for next few days.

What do you guys think? Better a wash with water or can I use QD?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rodrigo View Post
                    Hello Friends,

Taking advantage of this thread, below is a pic that shows the roof of my daily drive car after one day parked outside ( it is parked indoor at nights ). Wheater is very dry here in these days and no chance of rain for next few days.

What do you guys think? Better a wash with water or can I use QD?

Thanks!

How many days of dust accumulation has it been? Did the surface have dew when you woke up in the morning?

It seems fine to QD the paint... I myself never use a QD to dust off my car. I always just wash my car.
                    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                      If the rain didnt get your car muddy, you'd be fine.

Driving around though usually will get a lot of stuff kicked up on it.
                      Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
                        How many days of dust accumulation has it been? Did the surface have dew when you woke up in the morning?

It seems fine to QD the paint... I myself never use a QD to dust off my car. I always just wash my car.

Hello Marc08EX,

Usually one day of accumulation, and no dew once the car is parked indoor at night and early morning.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');