• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaner wax ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaner wax ?

i just bought the clay kit is the cleaner wax any good and how many cars can it do because its just a small bottle it seems like it can only be used once

Re: Cleaner wax ?

The cleaner wax is very good. I really like it. Check out this: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50048

You should be able to do at least 2 cars with the included small bottle.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

It is good at what it is... a mild cleaner/wax.

If your car needed something else, then it wouldnt be as good...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've used the cleaner wax many times. Its not my favorite but it does well for its advertised purpose. I'll do the cleaner/wax for the first couple waxes of spring then once the weather warms up switch to a sealant.
        2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

2 weeks ago I used A12 on 2 cars after useing clay. They both came out very good.

Comment

Thanks for the tips also how glossy dose the a 12 leave the finsh

Comment

For me, it came out "good" but nothing exciting. Doesn't compare at all to NXT2.0 or ULW.
              2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyD View Post
                ... how glossy dose the a 12 leave the finsh
                Depends on the paint and how glossy it was before you applied it.

If the finish was pristine and shiny as glass going in, you won't much if any change at all. You'll just be adding protection.

If the finish was stained, oxidized or hazed to begin with, A12 can sometimes make a huge improvement.

pc

Comment

I just did an old beater Explorer that had horribly neglected paint:

Clay
                  Ultimate Compound
                  Cleaner Wax 2 times

From where I started to where I wound up, it looks pretty darn good.
                  A lot better than I expected to the point that my wife came home and said "OMFG!!!"
                  That felt pretty darn good.

I finished it off with the Ultimate Quick Wax that came with Clay Kit.
                  Not sure if it will last very long applied over the cleaner wax but it really did make noticeable improvement.
                  Extra gloss and the water beading went to a new level.
                  For the few extra minutes it took I thought it was time very well spent.

It was my first try with the Ultimate Wax and from what I've seen I pretty sure I'll be trying out the liquid.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');