• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going kind of car care crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going kind of car care crazy

In the past two weeks here is what I've purchased:

Meguiars Ultimate Compound
    Meguiars Ultimate Polish
    Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer
    Meguiars Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer
    Case of 6 Meguiar's Hi-Tech Applicator Pad
    Meguiar's W 9207 7" Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Finishing Pad x2
    Meguiar's W8006 6.5-Inch Soft Buff Foam Polishing Pad x2
    Meguiar's G110v2 Professional Dual Action Polisher

I already had Ultimate Wax and Blue Clay and various other wheel cleaner, interior cleaner/protectant....

I'm trying to be geared up to be able to take care of friends and family's automobiles as a hobby. I'm usually pretty generous so I'm not trying to make money off of doing this.

Am I set up pretty well to deal with any type of defects? I know I won't be able to do major stuff like wet sanding or using a rotary buffer, not sure I even want to go there yet... But as I stand now, would you guys make any suggestions as to anything else I need to be able to take care of most appearance issues? Thanks a lot and like the title says, I feel like I got bit by the detailing bug!

Re: I'm going kind of car care crazy

You should be fine and it looks like you have everything to do a complete detail. Mike Stoops has been using Ultimate Compound with the Meguiar's yellow polishing pad via the g110v2 in his Saturday classes and had spectacular results all the time.

The next batch of products you have to order is the D/A Microfiber system.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

awesome, thanks for the response! I was thinking about the microfiber system, but I didn't want to spend another 100 dollars after I purchased all the aforementioned items.

Comment

You don't have to buy the MF system right now. What you have is adequate for a full detail. If you have an urge to try out something new in the future then the MF system will suit you well.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm getting started this weekend. I'll be sure to take some before and after shots to show my progress, or so you all can chime in on my mistakes!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');