• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Questions

Hey guys,
    I am new to the forum - Just bought a new 2011 Black Dodge Challenger and am trying to keep it looking its best.

I have bought all Meguiar's products so far (clay, polish, wax, tire car etc)

I was wondering - when waxing my car (or my wifes car) is it OK (or even prefered) to use a detail spray (or quick wax spray) to help buff out the wax? I was thinking for my next wax I would apply my Ultimate Liquid wax to the entire car - then buff it out with a spray of Ultimate Quick Wax and a micro-fibre towel?

Would that hurt or help the finished product?

Also, are the foam applicator pads that come with the waxes single use? Or can I wash them in the washer with my microfibre towels and re-use them?

Thanks!
    Richard

Re: A few Questions

I have used a detail spray to help remove wax that had dried and hardened (applied too thick) on the paintwork, although, if the wax is easily coming off, I don't see a need to do so.

I re-use my foam applicators, although some hardcore peeps throw em out after one use. I think it's a bit extreme to throw it out after just one use, as in a waste of a good resource.

Comment

Re: A few Questions

I was wondering - when waxing my car (or my wifes car) is it OK (or even prefered) to use a detail spray (or quick wax spray) to help buff out the wax? I was thinking for my next wax I would apply my Ultimate Liquid wax to the entire car - then buff it out with a spray of Ultimate Quick Wax and a micro-fibre towel?
      You should be applying the wax very thin... you should not need anything to help you remove it.

A spray wax is good for after a future wash.

Also, are the foam applicator pads that come with the waxes single use? Or can I wash them in the washer with my microfibre towels and re-use them?

You'll want to wash MF towels on their own I think. I just throw the pads in a bucket of Dawn, let soak a little, then rinse out.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');