• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Car - First Detailing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car - First Detailing Advice

New car - Champagne Metallic - car sat on dealers lot for 60 days, took delivery this week....finish looks good...

would like to get some protective finish on the car, since the car is new, looking for recommendations on what to use the first time....

do I need to use any kind of cleaner before or since the car is new can I apply just a wax.

Appreciate any help or suggestions....

Re: New Car - First Detailing Advice

Welcome to Meguiar's Online.

Congratulations on your new ride.

It looks like after you wash your vehicle you need to use a clay bar if your car was kept in dealer's lot for a long time. Clay bar will remove bonded contaminants and provide better bonding between wax and paint surface.

If there are no below surface problems, like swirls, scratches, water spots, you can use pure polish to add some wet look to your metallic paint (like M07 Show Car Glaze or Deep Crystal Polish). Then follow with a protective coat of wax (either synthetic or natural).

Most Meguiar's waxes have some polishing oils in them (Gold Class Carnauba Plus, NxT Tech Wax 2.0) so if you feel like just putting protection without and paint polish you could do it too.

Comment

On a new car with no defects, (or at least that you arent worried about) I like to:

1. Wash
      2. Clay
      3. ColorX
      4. Wax - Nxt 2.0, Ult. Wax, etc.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Wash, clay , Ultimate Polish followed by Ultimate wax. (my choice in wax)
        You will be surprised what you remove from a new cars paint with the clay.
        Then maintain with UQD.
        Tip:, After you wash your car take a sandwich bag, put your fingers in it and pass it on the paint and see what you feel.
        You might be shocked.
        Congrats on the new ride.
        Chief Engineer.
        My part time job is to maintain my black Toyota!

Comment

Congratulations on your new car! Clay bar is a must.. Car wash ,use a quality car wash thankfully meguiars has a lot of quality car wash products, clay bar, maybe a cleaner wax then NXT 2.0 but if budget is a consideration, maybe i'd skip the cleaner wax. I would recommend a pure polish/glaze, but champagne metallic sounds like a bright color paint and pure polish/glaze may not offer any significant difference in the look of your paint.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');