• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaning tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning tires

hi guys. I need an advice about cleaning tires. Now, I know that you advise using APC for cleaning them bofore using tire gel, but the problem is I don't know what product would go into category of APC here where I live (Croatia). Could I just use car wash, I have a full bottle of Sonax Concentrate that I will not use for washing, cos I have NXT car wash now ;-).
    use some hard brush for getting dirt out?
    thanks.

Re: cleaning tires

You could just use a bucket of water with car wash and wheel/ tire brush followed by a tire dressing.

The other option would be M40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/ Conditioner (if available):

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
      You could just use a bucket of water with car wash and wheel/ tire brush followed by a tire dressing.

The other option would be M40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/ Conditioner (if available):
      http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...p?T1=MEG+RUB+1
      M40 is not available, especially this huge package .
      I'll use the car wash and brush .
      cheers.

Comment

Can you get Wesley's Bleche White?

Not real sure about #40.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post

Not real sure about #40.
          mate, I'm in Croatia (EU product's teritory). this "Wesley's Bleche White" doesn't mean anything to me .
          If there is no downside of using Sonax car wash concentrate (drying out of the tire or something like that) I would use that product for cleaning/washing tires. Or maybe just to use NXT car wash.
          Now if someone can recommend some APC liquid that is available on my territory I would get that. Ah, sldo I would use that for wheel arches (partialy black plastics, partialy some kind of carpet).
          cheers.

edit: I forgot to mention, I want to clean the tires properly cos I'm putting Meg Tire gel afterward. As I understood, you need to clean them properly to achieve the best "soaking" of the gel.

Comment

deleted.
            2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Can you get Purple Power?

Its usually somewhat cheap and mixed full stength or 1:1 will pull a lot of gunk out of the tire.

Then follow up with a soapy water agitation with a brush, then rinse.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have found car wash to be inferior at cleaning tires than a wheel/tire cleaner. You need to find a degreaser or APC in your area. It's a bit hard for us in the States to know what you have on the shelves over there. You just need to go to your local auto parts store and see what they have, then report back.

Colin
                A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

To each their own but is it just me that finds it odd that such things as heavy degreasers are needed to remove the old **** off tires... just to have the same thing put on all over again?

Personally, i use hyperdressing at 3:1. It goes on very easy but better yet, it washes off with just a little car soap and a brush. The tire looks brand new after it's been removed.

All the gel **** does is attract dirt and grime and then harden and turn brown.

Comment

Originally posted by tcope1 View Post
                    T

All the gel **** does is attract dirt and grime and then harden and turn brown.
                    My thoughts exactly. A well cleaned, natural looking tire, looks so much better than one all glossed up with gel or whatever. Not much sticks to it. Reminds me of a woman with too much makeup. But each to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                      One of my best products. Always gets the job done!

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...p?T1=MEG+RUB+1
                        +1

Too me #40 is perfect for tires if you aren't crazy about glossy sticky dressings or sprays. Nice thing about #40 is that it cleans and leaves a nice satin type finish that won't attract road grime like other dressings. Of course you can apply several applications to get a slightly more glossy look.

I usually spray the tires down with Purple Power degreaser, let dwell for a few minutes, then agitate with a tire brush and rinse. I then follow this up with #40. Love the look #40 gives me.
                        2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

If you have it where you live, Eagle 1 A2Z tire/wheel cleaner. That stuff works very well, if I am out of APC or SD.
                          My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

The car wash concentrate will work fine if that's all you have. Just scrub the tire well. You should be good to go.
                            Tedrow's Detailing
                            845-642-1698
                            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

If you don't need to clean off greasy tyre stuff, then you can use the Sonax, with a brush. The work is easier with a soft brush.

If i had no all purpose cleaner, i would use dish washing detergent. Some big shop will have some all purpose cleaner, in a big container, to be diluted for different purposes.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');