• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the screeching sound of a scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the screeching sound of a scratch

had my brand new car for about a month, when yesterday night my friend opened up the door not noticing that the curb was very high (this is manhattan, new york) and the bottom of the door scrapes the sidewalk...

now there is some paint that is scratched off from the bottom, luckily it's in a place that can't really be seen when the door is closed

Re: the screeching sound of a scratch

That *****.

Just have to sand it a little and do some touch-up, so the metal wont rust. Or at least not as fast... will probably want to check on it every so often.

I have a touch-up paint spot by my wheelwell that is showing some rust under it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

yeah it really *****

what grit sandpaper should i use?

i was thinking

1. sand with fine sandpaper while masked non scratched area with blue painters tape

2. touchup black paint with brush one thin coat (with the blue painters tape masking the non scratched area

3. touchup black paint with brush second coat
      4. clearcoat paint with brush 2 more thin coats

Comment

Might need a little roughness to pull up loose edges, etc. I forget what I used last, might need to get more.

Definately want as thin as possible. Dont glob it on all at once.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');