• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust Speckles on white paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust Speckles on white paint

How do you get rid of rust speckles on white paint? Also how do you stop them from coming back?

Re: Rust Speckles on white paint

Clay the car i had the same problem on my silver paint

Comment

It is not only a problem on white car, it's only that you don't see it on darker colored car.
      You can use a clay bar or a fall-out remover to remove those.

In Canada, Napa sells a good stuff for this purpose. It is called "BodyPro Liquid Fall Out Remover".

Comment

I clayed the trcuk once but they came back. Will the fall out remover cure it or just help take them off?

Comment

It will just take them off.
          Not much would stop them to come back I think as they are due to brake dust and industrial fall out. Like I said, every car have them on, it's only that you can see them easier on light colored cars.

Comment

Search for "Rail Dust"

Top half clayed on my Explorer, bottom half and inside the emblem not clayed (I later removed the emblem and cleaned/placed new emblem on)

They will come back in time, because as you use your brakes, filings will be reintroduced to the area, as well as normal industrial fallout. It's not your car rusting, it's the filings themselves, etc. rusting on top of the paint.
            2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
            2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

I know this thread is a bit old but I had this problem and almost lost my mind until my local pro saved me. He gave me a bottle of iron x which is for wheels but works wonders for paint if you do it properly. Part of its design is to pull metal deposited from brake dust and fallout out of paint. It pulled out small to medium particles and the "rust fog" out of my paint then some clawing and hand applied 105 for the rest. He specified not to use a machine since once the particles break free, you don't want the machine grinding them back into your paint and scratching or re-depositing. As soon as you get them out, throw that rag in the dirty bin and go back to your normal routine. Hope this helps someone else or if there is a better way/problem with this method they will add to this thread.

Comment

I meant claying not clawing, sorry.

Comment

Iron X is great stuff!

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
                  "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

IronX is a nice product for sure as claying takes forever and only shaves off the topical contamination.

It is $$$$$$ but what else are you going to use?
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

One question I have about IronX...

Is it only available thru the various on line sellers?

Just curious, I need to get 'smore', but always leary ordering liquids this time of year (freezing temps).

Thanx...

Bill

Comment

Its in a store here called Autoality.

So maybe somewhere near you.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanx Mat, seems that Autoality is a 'local' store for you. They are in PA only.

Just to add, I Googled Ironx...no joy for getting it local to me...just have to wait for spring.

Thanx,

Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');