• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80 and 83 how to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 and 83 how to use

I got a sample of 80 and 83 how do you apply them I don't have the proper bottle so no instructions I was told they are compounds so Im applying it like my uc unless there's another way

Re: 80 and 83 how to use

M80 Speed Glaze (Aggressiveness: 4):

Enriches gloss and color with machine or hand application. No matter how you choose to apply it, Meguiar’s Speed Glaze is a shortcut that cleans and polishes in one simple step. You will quickly remove light scratches, stains and environmental contaminants. Speed Glaze is safe and effective on any kind of paint finish, including clear coats. It ensures that a deep, beautiful shine is just minutes away.

DIRECTIONS: Shake well. For use with rotary buffer, D.A. polisher, orbital, or by hand. Work one section at a time. Dispense product onto a cool surface. When working on uncured paint finish, apply product directly to the buffing pad and proceed to buff. Work product until nearly dry. Then wipe off excess with a clean, dry, Meguiar’s Gold Class Supreme Shine Microfiber (X2010) or 100% cotton terry towel.

TIPS: Great to use on adjacent panels of a spot repair or entire vehicle to improve the appearance. For a swirl free finish, use as a final-step D.A. glaze or hand glaze.

M83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish (Aggressiveness: 6):

Moderate abrasive power removes light to medium contamination. A touch more aggressive than Meguiar's Swirl-Free Polish, our Dual Action Cleaner Polish effectively deals with more significant stains, swirls, blemishes and oxidation. Its safe, Buffered Abrasive™ cleaning action attacks defects while guarding your finish against scratches. Rich polishing oils ensure a memorable shine. Made For Professionals. Paintable! Safe for use in the paint shop.METHOD OF APPLICATION: For use with orbital or rotary buffer.

DIRECTIONS: Work one section at a time. Dispense product onto a cool surface. When working on uncured paint finish, apply product directly to the buffing pad and proceed to buff. Work product until nearly dry. Wipe off excess with a clean, dry Meguiar’s Ultimate Wipe or 100% cotton terry cloth towel.

DIRECTIONS: Work one section at a time. Dispense product onto a cool surface. When working on uncured paint finish, apply product directly to the buffing pad and proceed to buff. Work product until nearly dry. Wipe off excess with a clean, dry Meguiar’s Ultimate Wipe or 100% cotton terry cloth towel.

M80/ M83 - D/A recommended pad: yellow polishing, speed 4-5;
    - rotary buffer: burgundy cutting pad/ yellow polishing pad, speed 1000-1500 rpm.

Comment

Great info Greg. I have a bottle of #80 I received in a kit from ADS and I was wondering how it was used. I see alot of "great for single stage" posts, but not many for bc/cc. Could you use this after UC/105 like UP/205. I'm intrigued to use it but I was unsure of it's application.

P.S. Sorry to the OP for the thread jack.
      '08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR- Apex Silver
      '09 Honda Civic EX - Nighthawk Black

Comment

You wouldnt really use it after #205/Ult. Polish unless you needed to try a different product.

It is good for bc/cc as well, but the #205/SwirlX/Ult. Polish are newer, a bit easier to use, better correction in some cases, also good for bc/cc.

Since #80 / #83 has the diminishing abrasives, you have to let the product break down before removing it. With the newer products, you can just work as little or as much as you like (without drying of course) and then remove.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks for the info greg now i can use them i also got some #7 witch i just used on a panel i made painted and detailed a while ago then detailed it again today so i could use 7 and all i can say is wow this is my first time using a pro line product and if there this good i think im going to call up a megs rep i know and order some more pro stuff wow

Comment

#80 also has a paintable polymer in it, that can give new paint a little protection. Not as much as a wax, but something for a short time.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

SunnyD,

As Greg and Murr have pointed out M80 is easy to use. I had a run in with a deer and my wife's car, or rather run in to a deer. My wife expected me to maintain her car during the 90 days of fresh paint curing. M80 was the product of choice. Some nice stuff with excellent results. Just don't get carried away working large territories of finish. Start in a small area, get used to the process and concentrate on a test spot before going hog wild.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              David

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');