• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eco-minded detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eco-minded detailer

So while watching the ALMS race at long beach, they kept advertising G-oil. It is a new ultimate bio-degradable engine oil, so curiously, I checked out the site. I discovered they also have detailing products that are ultimate bio-degradable as well. Just a thought.

My automotive related blog! http://hereishowiviewthings.blogspot.com/

Re: Eco-minded detailer

Interesting stuff...

wonder how the price compares, I'll have to stop at a WalMart, as that looks to be the only place that sells the stuff, and check it out.
    Joel
    1976 Cutlass S
    2001 PT Cruiser
    1990 454SS
    Suburban

Comment

Wal-mart sells the oil, it was 6.35/qt about the price of a synthetic valvoline or castrol.

The two wal-marts local to me do not carry the detailing stuff yet.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I've heard good things about the oil and the other products look interesting. I hope everyone will post if they try a product!

Comment

I started my own mobile car detailing business. I stated things like using eco friendly products and emailed them information about products i use. They said, biodegradable just means that eventually the product will degrade. thats a bit like saying cigarette filters are biodegradable, yea after 12 years(technically they aren't not). realize "biodegradable" and "green" or "eco friendly" are all marketing ploys. don't pay more for such product. even so i feel better when a product says "biodegradable" "environmentally friendly." Thats the bad thing about living in California.

if you want to be eco friendly switch to a waterless car wash. Soap bubbles are very hard on the environment and a typical car wash used 70-100 gallons of water. I love optimum no rinse, ONR, because of this. I use just 3 gallons of water for one car and i can toss the water on the grass and it won't kill the grass. thats the best way to dispose to used water. the earth will filter the water better the sewer systems. here, san jose, the water flows into the bay.

soap bubble are bad. ONR is good!!!

Comment

I agree. However, it does list that it has received "ultimate bio-degradeability" standard by ASTM, the highest ranking possible. I would think that qualifies as even a little more than just a marketing ploy.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');