• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the beach kill my detail work ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the beach kill my detail work ??

I detailed my car the past weekend wash uc 7 and 21 but this weekend my family might be going to the beach and of course my dad wants to take the freshly detailed Benz I'm using uqd everyday to keep it clean but when it's at the beach I'm afraid of it getting scratches mud etc after that will I be able to just uqd if it's not that bad or will I have to do a detail again I really don't want to take this car to the beach but it seems I won't have a choice

Re: Will the beach kill my detail work ??

NOt a full detail, just a good carwash in my opinion. Just be careful with how you remove the mod/sand, etc. You may have to take abit more time in hosing down the car to remove all loose contaminants, then proceed to a carwash then if you have one, spray coat of ultimate quik wax. Your car will look like it was newly detailed.

Yep, i know the feeling.. you detail, the car then has to be used, it gets dirty again! Its been rainy here.. I clean the car in the morning, its nice and shiny then in the afternoon, it rains.

Comment

Just to start a bit of a discussion, fresh water or salt water? It may not matter, but a different set of folks may answer with each. You mention mud. Dirt rather than sand? No parking lots, say, a mile away?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post

Yep, i know the feeling.. you detail, the car then has to be used, it gets dirty again! Its been rainy here.. I clean the car in the morning, its nice and shiny then in the afternoon, it rains.
        That feels so familiar, I've just about given up.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

Yeah fresh water luckily I don't know about mud or sand hopefully sand but Im afraid of the sand causing scratches and there's no parking lots you have to park on the damn beach it *****

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
            That feels so familiar, I've just about given up.
            Yeah, close but nope.. I still do what i can, I still enjoy it! If it gets really annoying, i just find a reputable carwash since it can get tiring. If i don't feel like washing the car, then i don't force myself to..

Regarding the beach, or something similar for that matter, fresh water will do alot less harm than salt water. Usually, salt water will be a lot more corrosive, along with the mud that gets on the car. Another thing to consider is the sea (or beach) air. When your car is parked by the beach, even if it doesn't get dirty or muddy, thesalt in the air can and will corrode metals (and seriously affect the car's paint). Take 2 brand new cars, one used exclusively in the city and the other on beach/coastal areas, and the beach/coastal area car will develop rust problems a lot sooner, all things equal.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyD View Post
              Yeah fresh water luckily I don't know about mud or sand hopefully sand but Im afraid of the sand causing scratches and there's no parking lots you have to park on the damn beach it *****
              I say don't worry about it! With the amount of work you put in, trust me.. If you get to wash your car immediately, all the dirt, mud, etc. on your car will just fall off once the hose (hopefully you have good power from your source) spray hits your car. You barely have to touch your paint to remove them. I would flood rinse the car to minimize the need to wipe down the car. First, a sptrong spray of water to loosen the dirt, then flood rinse.. Then shampoo the car, rinse with strong spray, then flood rinse again. Sounds like a lot of work, but with those steps (and other steps too) you won't even be putting 1/4 of the work you did in detailing your car. It'll be easier, and be over sooner than you expect!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');