• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning, waxing, polishing decals on paint surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning, waxing, polishing decals on paint surface

The decal and logo stickers that come on my new tacoma, is it safe to put ultimate wax on top of those? What about a pure polish like deep crystal? I had never thought about it but, a cleaner like ultimate compound and any polishes with abrasives my actually dull there appearance, since they are on top of the clear coat, any ideas?

Also, is it worth putting pure polish on the fake chrome trim and chrome bumpers? I already wax them when waxing but didnt know if a pure polish would add any benefit.

Re: Cleaning, waxing, polishing decals on paint surface

IMO I would use Ult Wax on almost anything. Giving it an added layer of protection matters. As for the polish/compound, don't its not worth it unless you got a "stain" that claybar and swirlx could not get out. Even then if it has gone that far, most times its damaged.

I had a kid with silver vinyl stripes that had some acid rain damage. I tried to clean them up and it did brighten but the etching was still very much there.

As for Chrome and Fake Chrome most times a specific chome polish can be used and then follow up with a wax layer if your really concerned. If there is no damage or dulling most times adding the wax will be the most impactful thing that you can do.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');