• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with stain on Motorcycle frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with stain on Motorcycle frame

quick question guys. I bought a motorcycle that came with stickers on the frame. I took them off but they left a gooey almost glue like substance on the frame. I thought I could use UC to take it off. it worked great, took all the **** right off. But next day, i noticed it is now left a white stian. Kinda like when you accidentally apply wax on plastic, rubber. Any quick solutions to this?

BTW the frame is black, like all the new sportsbikes. Thanks

Re: Help with stain on Motorcycle frame

Is it glossy black paint?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I would try Goof Off, on a rag. Clean, and then re wash to not leave any residue on it. Just gotta be careful but with adhiesive like that it can be a pain. My Mother-in-law's Ford Edge had some goofy glue on the chrome rims. I assumed some sort of protective paper when being shipped.

Dealer's cleaning did not take it off so with a rag and on the ground for about 30-40 mins a rim getting that stuff off. Was not fun but I refused to allow the car to look like **** with the glue that was attracting brake dust on the spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Is it glossy black paint?

no, flat, like this

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

the frame is right above the fairings

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');