• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet soad spilled on mat / carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet soad spilled on mat / carpet

Hey guys, I normally never have any drinks in my car, but the other day I was coming home with a 32oz soda that I was carrying in my hand. A car in front of stopped abrubtly and I ended up dropping the soda due to the sudden stop. The soda fell squarely on my drivers side floor mat. The mat managed to retain most of the liquid, but about 25% ended seeping through. I got home a few mins later and immediately blotted the wet spots and cleaned it with aerospace fabric and upholstery cleaner. I then vacuumed the area with my shop vac.

My question is, are there any other steps I should take to clean the are now? The carpet looks fine, but I am a little worried about the padding underneath.

Thanks!

Re: Diet soad spilled on mat / carpet

Well, your carpet will definitely need some rinsing because the soda is still there
    and on the padding too.....
    Do you think you'll be able to soak it again with water and wet vac the water out? A carpet extractor would be a better option dough but, I dont know if you can reach one......

Comment

Originally posted by juliom2 View Post
      Well, your carpet will definitely need some rinsing because the soda is still there
      and on the padding too.....
      Do you think you'll be able to soak it again with water and wet vac the water out? A carpet extractor would be a better option dough but, I dont know if you can reach one......
      I have one of those "scunci steamers" would that be something worth using on the area?

Comment

You should be able to make it look much better with some APC, warm water, terry cloths, & a brush.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');