• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help ! Drove black car thru white paint on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ! Drove black car thru white paint on the road

Not sure what kind of paint it was because it's my mom's car, but while detailing it for her, I found she had run through some kind of white paint which I cannot get off with kerosene nor with Ultimate Compound. I tried razor blading it and that was not working either (I was messing up the black paint while trying to scrape off the white spatter).

Any ideas on how to get this stuff off ?

thank you !

Re: Help ! Drove black car thru white paint on the road

Don't do anything else to the paint until someone who's knowledgable from here gives you advice. Ya don't want to make a bad situation even worse.

Comment

Meguiar's is in Irvine, right? Take it to the Thur. night open clinic.

Comment

kerosene....... and a razor blade........you need to stop right there and take a step back.

my point of attack would be a dawn wash with using a mild and or an aggressive clay bar.

imo i would take the vehicle to a professional

Comment

Meguiar's is in Irvine, right? Take it to the Thur. night open clinic.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
            kerosene....... and a razor blade........you need to stop right there and take a step back.

my point of attack would be a dawn wash with using a mild and or an aggressive clay bar.

imo i would take the vehicle to a professional

*dawn did not work.
            *claybar did not work.
            *ultimate compound did not work.
            *kerosene did not work. (gets the tar off and works great on motorcycle chains however, but lets not mix apples with hand grenades).

Thurs Open Garage = great idea but was hoping to be able to tackle on my own . . . I think part of the problem is I can't figure out what the heck kind of paint this must be .. . . . ? heck, maybe it is some kind of caulking or other substance that is not paint . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by esp1 View Post
              heck, maybe it is some kind of caulking or other substance that is not paint . . . .
              Right!!!! Maybe is an epoxy or thermalplastic road surface marking......

Patience; is the first you'll need........and a strong degreaser...........
              let it dwell and work in small sections you'll be able to achieve positive results...

Comment

Try using ibiz wax polish with the yellow car on the front,gets out spray paint too, use a wax pad and wipe into with swirl motion like you would normally apply after you spray

Comment

Open Garage will help you learn how to tackle it on your own... Go there, you won't be disappointed.

...and stop following lane line painting trucks!
                  2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                  2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');