• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Havent been on in a while. New polish questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Havent been on in a while. New polish questions

Been a while since I have been on the forums. Good to be back.

I do detailing for cash as a side gig. Mostly people wont pay for polishing jobs so I mainly clay and wax unless people are willing to pay.

I have been using the 83/80 combo forever and on clearcoated paints. Im seeing a lot of new cleaners and polishes here and that 83/30 is for fresh paint. I own a rotary and pc. Have yellow, maroon, and peach(?) colored pads. So Im looking for a new combo(pads and cleaners and polishes). Any suggestions?

Im also a big fan of good old gold class liquid wax as my LSP. People love the look and the smell. What else is new out there in LSP?

And also for those who will not pay for correction but want a one step over with the buffer I have used M66. Anything that can replace that as a one step over type product?

Thanks guys

Re: Havent been on in a while. New polish questions

BTW I also have 84/85 on hand.

Comment

The new consumer trio (Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax) is really nice.

Ultimate Compound just blows me away every time.

Ultimate Polish is almost like M205 but has more polishing oils and smoother buffing IMO.

Ultimate Wax is totally synthetic and gives the longest lasting, most durable protection of any Meguiars LSP.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

D151 is another option for a cleaner/wax product. It is stronger than #66, so more correction.

The 'Ultimate' products do work well... or the #105/#205 if needed something in bulk. But I think UC works out to a decent price compared to #105 anyway.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

So 105/205 is good for the newer modern day clears? Finish just as nice as 80/83? I'm trying to pick up an account with newer cars and some classic so some single stage paint too

Comment

Probably still want #80 around for the SS.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'm such a fan of 83/80. I hate to switch because I know it to so well and it has never failed me. I simply used my yellow pads or maybe a peach colored pad. I also have been reading that 80/83 is designed for fresh paint and as vs the new ones. Now I haven't done a new BMW or Mercedes with it but it crushes anything. So is there a new pad lineup also with 105/205?

Comment

I'm seeing washable pads and 4 in pads. All kinds of crazy stuff

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');