• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sap on Jetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sap on Jetta

Ok so my buddy parked under a tree a few weeks ago and it poured sap all over the hood of his 2011 VW Jetta. I do not have any pictures, I wish I did. I saw the car last week for a few minutes and it was nasty. I went over the sap with the clay bar but it didn't touch it. I read the Meg's Glass Cleaner article but did not have any. He was in a rush so I just grabbed some body solvent and got the majority of it off. Then put a coat of cleaner wax on to protect for the time being. It took the actual sap off but left behind what looks like residue, not smeared just in the exact shape of the sap spots. So I planned on hitting it with some UC on my DA. This past weekend I did that only to find it wouldn't remove these spots either. When you run a finger over it, it doesn't seem like it is above the clear. I am not sure how long it was on there for but think about 2 weeks prior to my first seeing it. I followed the UC with UP and Gold Glass wax. The spots are less noticeable but still are there for sure. Also, the UC didn't take out some scratches like I had hoped. Should I try something stonger? Is it possible that this sap worked its way into the clear? I figured that this paint was just really hard but, whoops, I put a half full bottle of QD on the hood and it slid a couple inches and it finely scratched the freshly waxed hood! I know I should not have put it on there but now I am confused as to how the hood scratched so easily but the marks won't budge.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');