• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Layering Megs Ultimate paste wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layering Megs Ultimate paste wax?

first i want to say ultimate wax is the best wax ive ever used!! it comes right off and i was really amazed at the swirls that it took out!

now can i layer ultimate wax? im getting the car ready for a show and i did a complete detail this past weekend and i took it for a cruise on sunday and i got dust over it and used quick detail to get it all off, but it seems like there are a little more light swirls after i removed the dust. i really dont want to do a complete exterior detail again. id really like to give it another layer of ultimate soo what do u think?

Re: Layering Megs Ultimate paste wax?

You can apply a second coat of ultimate wax but you won't be layering it. Applying a second coat of wax just ensure uniform coverage of wax throughout the entire car.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I am sure it didnt remove the swirls, just hid them.

And as mentioned above, it wont be "2 layers thick", but still a good idea.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Applying a 2nd coat of Ultimate wax will ensure complete coverage, but it won't really "layer". If you do plan to apply a 2nd coat, wait around 8-12hrs. to allow the wax to crosslink with or unto the paint. If i'm not mistaken, ultimate wax contains some polishing oils that add depth and gloss and richness to the paint and also helps in hiding those dreaded swirl marks. To really remove them, one has to use (on a consumer level) paint cleaners such as swirlx or ultimate compound. Both are quite easy to use for a hand applied compound.

Swirl marks can be difficult to avoid, almost impossible in my opinion. I won't apply UC or swirlx at every opportunity, these are still compounds used to correct paint even if it seems very user friendly. In these situations, I'd use a pure polish/glaze and wax to conceal them rather than correcting the paint at every opportunity and end up having little clear/paint left.

Oh, remember to use a good quality duster before applying any QD to minimize scratching. ANd how about some pics of your ultimate waxed ride?

Comment

Maybe I am getting lazy. I myself don't do the 2nd coat anymore.
          Like many people in this forum, we wax our cars regularly. If I miss a spot this time, it will be covered in the next wax, probably in 2-3 weeks. In other words, my whole car is covered and protected.

Comment

Sure, if waxing often, and not doing a cleaning step to remove it, it will even out.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

well the car was done with swirlx, then Deep Crystal polish then i applied a layer of ultimate wax. but its been a couple days since i last applied the wax.

it seems like i may have to wash the car and do a complete detail once again before the show because im gonna be without my truck for a couple days soo ill have to DD it. What do u guys recommend to take dust off the car? should i just use quick detail and a microfiber towel or should i use a duster first? ive heard dusters do more damage?

and hopefully ill have pics next time lol

Comment

Providing the car has only *LIGHT* dust, then I would *CAREFULLY* dust it first with a duster such as the Megs Body Duster or California Car Duster.

Don't apply any pressure on the duster, just let the fibres lightly touch the paint. Once you've got the dust off (and to remove any smears/streaks you may have left behind with the duster) then go ahead and hit it with a QD such as LT, UQD or M135.

BTW regarding your first post - it is unlikely the UW removed any swirls. It may have slightly hidden some, but it sounds like the bulk of the swirls were taken care of by the SwirlX and Deep Crystal Polish you used beforehand.
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');