• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First wax on new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First wax on new car

Just bought a 2011 Wicked White EVO GSR. I keep it in a garage, but will drive it daily and leave it at airport (Covered.) I have used NXT on other cars and love it, but just got some Ultimate Liquid Wax, cause I recon its newer tech. I'm not a detailer and don't have time to spend hours every week detailing. Any suggestions on prep, better choices for first wax, or any other tips? Thanks

Re: First wax on new car

I think that's a really good wax choice, I've used it on several vehicles including my own and I've had nothing but success. It goes on pretty fast, and comes off very easily!

Comment

I would clay the car to smooth out the paint then coat it with the Ultimate Wax you have. The smooth surface helps the wax last longer and makes it easier to clean the car later.

Comment

I would tend to:

1. Wash
        2. Clay
        3. Cleaner/Wax of ColorX
        4. Wax - Ult. Wax

That will last quite a while if you wash regularly and use Ultimate Quick Wax after washing.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly with all three of the previous posts. I've had good experiences with Ultimate Wax (liquid). Have not used paste.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          David

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I never thought to clay bar. I've used that on old cars, but didn't think I'd need it on a new car. What is color x? (I'll look it up, but it sounded like something to restore old paint.)

Comment

ColorX is a cleaner/wax, just a bit stronger than the red bottled Cleaner/Wax... not a bad thing for a daily driver.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');