• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

Is it worth it to buy one of those cheap buffers they sell at Pepboys? I don't think I need to buy a professional one for $100 plus. I'm talking about the ones they sell for like $30.00. I only have two cars, so I am just trying to get by. Would it be better to just do the polishing and waxing by hand? If you do recommend just buying the cheap buffer, what pads should I get for polishing and waxing? Thanks in advance.

Don't waste your money on an orbital, either do it by hand or save up a bit and get either the PC 7336 at lowe's or the G-100 from Meguiar's. Usually lowe's has them for about 80-100 bucks, so you are spending about 50 more on a quality machine, plus about 35 bucks for a backing plate and a set of pads that will remove scratches and swirls. The orbital buffer is good for applying wax, but it will not remove any swirls or scratches.

Comment

I only detail my own cars and sometimes maybe for a family member. The PC-100 is worth every cent! You cannot use the professional type foam pads, such as those from Meguiars, with the cheaper orbitals. That alone is reason enough. The PC-100 does a much better job of polishing than the orbitals do. Also the PC is more durable and will easily outlast the cheaper orbitals.

IMHO it is no contest. Buy a PC and try it. If you buy one from Meguiars you get a lifetime warranty. If you don't like it you can return it and get a refund. One of the forum members said that Lowe's has the PC on sale for only $80!

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');