• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

08 fusion in dire need of paint correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 fusion in dire need of paint correction

first off let me tell you about the fusion i need to fix. its an 08 with silver/clearcoat finish. some retard that said he knew how to paint tried to repair a paint chip in drivers door by masking off at bottom of window and top of door ding molding. he painted both doors. what he didnt do is mask off the entire car! now there is overspray all over the car. not only that but his paint is darker than the original and has some fisheyes and imperfections. i know i can t do much about the imperfections, but id like to clean up the rest of the car. i would say that it has never been waxed in its almost 3.5 year existance. the paint is dry and covered with bonded ****.

so what i have read is that i would need to clay the entire car then buff, polish and wax. i have a 96 izuzu pickup to practice on and i will before i even touch my fusion. however i need to know what all products i will need.

i currently have the diamond cut buffing compound, the speed glaze, swirl remover, and the high tech yellow wax. i have not opened any of the mentioned products so if im in the wrong direction i can return them to oreillys any time. i plan to pick up a dual action polisher...probably the meg. g110v2.

my plan originally was to use the buffing compound to clean the paint then wax, but as i have learned i actually need to clay the car then clean then lsp. so tell me what products i should use. i am very new to this. i have always used some 3m perfect it 2 to clean up minor mars on my 96 mystic cobra. i also used it and a orbital to remove a large plastic mirror mark that was melted into the paint on my 98 dakota. worked great. i will definately pick up a da buffer and possibly a rotary if you think i need to buy and learn to use. please help. i want to show everyone at work that i was not wrong about the deal i got on this 08 fusion. i know it can shine...i just dont want to biff it.

thanks guys. i will be lurking in and out of many threads here trying to arm myself with as much knowledge as possible.

Re: 08 fusion in dire need of paint correction

here is a pic of the hood with half clayed and half in poor shape. i used the blue mirror glaze. i was absolutely amazed at the results of just claying the finish. it was almost dark by the time i got finished and the pic isnt very good. it was the only one that turned out.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');