• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally ready for first polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally ready for first polish

Hi There...

I've been doing a lot of reading and now I'm ready to attack my car. It's a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GT Crystal White Pearl (CWP) and it's never been waxed, but I have alway done hand wash with the double bucket method and used good car soap.

I have just ordered a PC 7424XP wit a LC package of CCS Pads, Orange, White, Green, Black, and Blue. I also ordered Meguiar's #105 and #205 to use as a combo. I also purchased a clay bar and lubricant. That part is decided. My question is; I'm looking for a super wet shine on this pearl white and I was wondering what would complement this combination and how would you apply it?

Regards...

RURocking

[IMG] [/IMG]

Re: Finally ready for first polish

First of all Welcome from Olympia, WA!! I am a fan of Meguiar's Gold Class Premium Carnauba Wax, NXT Generation Tech WAX 2.0 and if you want to step up to the Detailer line or products, I would us the Meguiar's Mirror Glaze The Professional Show Car Glaze 7(Part # M0716 or M0764).
    Last edited by The Dodge; Jul 24, 2011, 03:49 PM. Reason: Need to proof read and check spelling!!

Comment

Wax or Sealant?

Meguiar's products or anything?

Have not used it personally yet myself, but Meguiar's new Ultimate wax is supposed to leave a pretty nice gloss as well as long protection. Easy use, especially the paste version. Just depends whether you like wax or sealant for looks.

Personally, I am partial to Blackfire Wet Diamond as it is very easy to use and leaves a high gloss, incredibly slick surface with long lasting protection.
      2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

You're already using M205, so the suggested M07 would have little to no benefit, especially seeing as the car is white and the paint would be BC/CC.

Being a white car, I would personally go with NXT 2.0. Gold Class Carnauba Plus and Ultimate Wax are also great waxes, but more suited to darker colours IMO.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yeah, i wasn't sure if he was talking about polish or wax. Since he mentioned he had #205 i assumed he meant a wax compliment to that.

By the way #205 followed up by Nxt 2.0 will probably yield about as much gloss as anything. white is just a color that you really can't appreciate like darker colors when it comes high reflective gloss, but you can certainly make it shine.
          2019 Ford F-150 XLT SPORT 4X4 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
            You're already using M205, so the suggested M07 would have little to no benefit
            Thanks for the correction davey g-force. . . . .I didn't catch that rurocking said that!
            Last edited by The Dodge; Jul 24, 2011, 08:00 PM. Reason: I wanted to add a smiley!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');