• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch, Full on waterless car wash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Touch, Full on waterless car wash...

Today in Las Vegas, we received our normal 15 second rain storm. Tonight I used Last Touch full strength as my waterless car wash on my BLACK Yukon. Clean as a new pair of tidy whiteys!! anyone else use this product as I did tonight?

Re: Last Touch, Full on waterless car wash...

I found D155 Last Touch Spray Detailer to have really good lubricants. It would be my number one choice for waterless car washing as well. It actually is being used as part of Meguiar's Waterless System in some countries with water restrictions (like Australia).

If vehicle has some debris present quick car dust treatment may be good before D155.

Comment

I have been testing this out with mixed results. Personally, I feel that when using Last Touch as a waterless wash I feel my microfiber towel has much more "drag", friction when I wipe the towel across the surface. Especially when I give a final wipe with a dry towel.

I have found some other detail sprays give a much slicker feeling when wiped dry and to me this feels like I am less likely to do damage. I like to use a waterless wash liberally and I had high hopes for the Last Touch, but it leaves me concerned.
      2010 Camaro SS RS (black), "OBSSEST"

Comment

I've been using LT at 1 ounce per 1 gallon of water as a lubricating agent for a rinseless wash for going on 2+ years. My personal car still shows only the absolutely FAINTEST of light light swirls. (100% perfection is impossible, especially after 2 years without polish).

My paint relatively soft, too, as I was able to polish it to to flawless in my one and only polishing session with a rotary, yellow Meguiar's polishing pad and M205. Nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
          I've been using LT at 1 ounce per 1 gallon of water as a lubricating agent for a rinseless wash for going on 2+ years. My personal car still shows only the absolutely FAINTEST of light light swirls. (100% perfection is impossible, especially after 2 years without polish).

My paint relatively soft, too, as I was able to polish it to to flawless in my one and only polishing session with a rotary, yellow Meguiar's polishing pad and M205. Nothing more.
          Mark,

Have you ever used ONR? I'd be curious to know how you think LT stacks up against ONR.
          -Bob
          NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

If I had to I would use ONR but I personally favor nice soapy water and a good foaming with a foam gun.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
              Mark,

Have you ever used ONR? I'd be curious to know how you think LT stacks up against ONR.
              I have. I started with ONR, went through a couple gallons of it and then decided to try the LT as the smell of ONR makes me nauseous.

I think they're very similar in how they perform, with whatever difference there may be being so slight it's impossible to really define it with just eye-ball testing.

ONR might have slightly more cleaning power IIRC, but not enough to really make a difference in my experience. I am a big fan of LT for its water softening properties, which makes it great for any type of washing agent as it not only doesn't leave waterspots, but it helps remove them effortlessly.

Comment

Thanks Mark!

I'll give LT a try with my next washing.
                -Bob
                NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                  If I had to I would use ONR but I personally favor nice soapy water and a good foaming with a foam gun.
                  I feel the same way Nick. If I had to, I'd use ONR but I'm still uncomfortable using it. I prefer doing the traditional soap/water wash.
                  2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');